Author Topic: Stockists of idlers  (Read 1225 times)

Tim

Stockists of idlers
« on: 17 August, 2010, 11:08:59 am »
Can anyone tell me of places where I might actually purchase a new idler for the SMGT. You know the sort of shop that might actually have the part in stock and would be able to post it to me for a small donation to their revenue stream. My google-fu appears weak and it doesn't appear to be the sort of item that any self-respecting shop would actually carry.

Preferably based upon a cog (see terracycles design, and how many teeth should I be looking for?) rather than nylon rollers.

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
Re: Stockists of idlers
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2010, 11:17:05 am »
Terracycle make a replacement idler for the SMGT, and its a lovely one.
See Welcome to TerraCycle, Inc. makers of Recumbent Bicycle Accessories, select idlers from the left hand menu, and scroll down to find the hpvelotechnik one.

Its a 23 tooth cog direct drop in for HP Velotechnik Street Machine, Speed Machine, Grasshopper and Scorpion. Includes your choice of Aluminum cog with ABEC bearings or Titanium cog with Ceramic bearings ($31.00 upgrade). A small spacer to keep everything in alignment is included.

They have a European distributor at ICLETTA - The culture of cycling, if that helps.
Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US

Tim

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2010, 11:53:37 am »
Thanks,

Right, I believe this is what I'm after...

Kettenleitrolle Terracycle, Antrieb 23 Zähne mit Aluminiumritzel, OD 101 mm, ID 8 mm - Kettenleitrollen - Antrieb

It was only after I noticed what the URL was that I figured it's probably the one I'm after. Can't they label stuff properly.  >:(

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2010, 12:00:08 pm »
Yep. That looks like the one. I don't know about you, but I always refer to my SMGTe as the '23 tooth drive sprocket with aluminum, OD 101 mm, 8 mm ID idler equipped bicycle'.

Its just catchier than streetmachine ;)
Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US