Author Topic: Wikipedia's article of the day...  (Read 1250 times)

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Wikipedia's article of the day...
« on: 25 January, 2011, 10:53:42 pm »
...is on Little Thetford and mentions D-Tek.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
Re: Wikipedia's article of the day...
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2011, 11:11:17 pm »
Does it mention the (unmanned) railway crossing that goes nowhere? I was early when I went to see Kevin - so thought I'd go through and explore the other side. Being the fens, the lines/crossing are higher than the road, so when  you stop the car, you don't see over. I opened the gates, drove across, shut the gates - all without realising there was nowhere to go on the other side.

WTF.

Kevin told me that until a few years ago, it was a manned crossing. Easiest job on the railways.

Re: Wikipedia's article of the day...
« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2011, 03:11:09 pm »
Does it mention the (unmanned) railway crossing that goes nowhere? I was early when I went to see Kevin - so thought I'd go through and explore the other side. Being the fens, the lines/crossing are higher than the road, so when  you stop the car, you don't see over. I opened the gates, drove across, shut the gates - all without realising there was nowhere to go on the other side.

WTF.

Kevin told me that until a few years ago, it was a manned crossing. Easiest job on the railways.

Thank you. That's the best life I've had for a week  :D
Never knowingly under caffeinated