Author Topic: Pah! Suckered again...  (Read 1959 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Pah! Suckered again...
« on: 10 January, 2011, 01:03:41 pm »
On the front cover it says _Every_ brand, but I knew it didn't mean it. But it was in a polly bag, so Couldn't peruse it before purchase. A quick glance inside though, and I was right. No HP Velotech, No I.C. Engineering, No Challenge, or Burrows, or Raptobike. it doesn't even have Brompton, and that's not a funny lying down bike...

Why do I keep buying Cycling Plus?

Mind ewe, on page 86 there is a picture of an Ordinary, the pilot of which appears to have long hair, but I can't discern the gender. Is it a denizen of YACF?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Re: Pah! Suckered again...
« Reply #1 on: 10 January, 2011, 01:42:56 pm »
They would carry ads (and therefore do reviews, favourable editorials and features) if the recumbent industry was spending the cash. It isn't, so they don't.

I'm not sure that I don't prefer it that way, a little. What's the point scandalising people with a bike that every other person owns (or at least, tried)?

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #2 on: 10 January, 2011, 02:38:06 pm »
The star of page 86 is Charlotte on the Tweed Run.

« Reply #3 on: 10 January, 2011, 03:30:46 pm »
They would carry ads (and therefore do reviews, favourable editorials and features) if the recumbent industry was spending the cash. It isn't, so they don't.

ISTR reading a forum post/quote recently from someone at C+ saying something about lack of recumbent coverage and how it's wasn;t likely to change - I forget the details unfortunately.
Funny thing is, I first came across recumbents from a test - in C+ - of a Trice, Windcheetah (plus summat else) mebbe 12 or more years ago. I'm currently having a clearout of cycle mags, and one's an early 00s/late 90's C+, and that's got a few recumbent ads (trice and AVD probably)

« Reply #4 on: 10 January, 2011, 05:08:43 pm »
If you want a magazine that features recumbents (as well as other niche non-mainstream bikes), then I'd suggest Velovision.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2011, 09:06:11 am »
If you want a magazine that features recumbents (as well as other niche non-mainstream bikes), then I'd suggest Velovision.

already subscribed to that, but i always seem to be renewing my subscription! Which reminds me, i'd better check if it's due, as I don't remember seeing a copy for a while.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6 on: 23 January, 2011, 08:47:38 pm »

already subscribed to that, but i always seem to be renewing my subscription! Which reminds me, i'd better check if it's due, as I don't remember seeing a copy for a while.

Magazine should be going to print tomorrow I think, with apologies for lateness.  Pete went down with a lurgy before the last issue, which was late, and there's been a knock-on effect.  Our apologies.

Your address label on the envelope it comes in should tell you if the sub is due, that and the renewal letter inside.

Arch <editorial assistant and book reviewer in chief.>
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #7 on: 23 January, 2011, 11:05:46 pm »
Don't think we've received one for a while :(
Getting there...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #8 on: 24 January, 2011, 09:27:12 am »

Magazine should be going to print tomorrow I think, with apologies for lateness.  Pete went down with a lurgy before the last issue, which was late, and there's been a knock-on effect.  Our apologies.
Ah, that could be why then.
Thinking about it, the last copy I had had a chap dressed as a devil on the front cover.

Your address label on the envelope it comes in should tell you if the sub is due, that and the renewal letter inside.
That would suggest a level of organisation!  :-[ ::-)

« Reply #9 on: 24 January, 2011, 11:44:52 pm »
.... and riding my new steed!

I have just bought a Gekko for commuting as it will fit into my secure locker.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #10 on: 25 January, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »
I got my eCopy notification this morning  :D So now for reasons I don't quite understand I've got to resist looking at the eCopy until the Paper copy arrives through the door ::-)