Author Topic: Multivitamin pills ?  (Read 4114 times)

Multivitamin pills ?
« on: 07 April, 2008, 01:09:03 pm »
After a recent bout of lurgy I'm considering taking one of these to make sure I'm getting all the vitamins I need. I like fruit but have never been too keen on veg...

Any recommended types or are they all much the same ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Multivitamin pills ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 April, 2008, 06:05:41 pm »
Usually much the same. I use a multivitamin a-z one but I cannae remember the name, it's a generic one that's advertised on tv.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2008, 06:13:37 pm »
A doctor-ish friend of mine says to use the cheap ones, otherwise mostly you'll be producing expensive Urines.

« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2008, 06:49:31 pm »
Usually much the same. I use a multivitamin a-z one but I cannae remember the name, it's a generic one that's advertised on tv.

Centrum?

Although "generic" in the pharmaceutical sense means unbranded, which would make TV Advertising a bit useless.

It's worth having a chat with your doctor about it all, after doing lots of research. It's not a case of just bunging a load of stuff into your body and it'll all have a positive effect. For example, Vitamin E has been linked to increase in lung cancer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7271189.stm
"
The researchers extrapolated their findings, and concluded that over a decade, there was an additional 7% increase in risk [of lung cancer] for every 100 milligrams [of Vitamin E] taken per day.
"
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

cometworm

« Reply #4 on: 07 April, 2008, 07:02:22 pm »

Note that unless you're an extremely hard-training athlete or the menstruating type (which I suspect you're not) it's worth looking for a multivitamin without iron.

I second wot he said about expensive urine - though the two can be difficult to combine.

« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2008, 07:20:05 pm »
Thanks for the replies, I picked up some Centrum ones on they way home.

I normally use Rioja to produce expensive urine  ;D
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #6 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:37:25 pm »
I must have very expensive wee.  After a rotten lurgy winter I went nuclear: daily multivitamins washed down with probiotic yoghurt.  I've felt great since but come back to me in a year for statistical validity.  The vits I take are Quest Super One-a-Day Timed Release, which have the curious side effect of turning my wee luminous yellow - must be the beta-carotene.  You can tell it's timed release 'cos every other pill has made my midmorning slash luminous but none of the others: with the Quest, I've got radioactive pee all day long.

I think that's a good thing.   :thumbsup:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #7 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:42:16 pm »
Solgar VM75 will also produce dayglo pee.
And it didn't stave of the poxified lurgy man flu I contracted a couple of weeks ago.  >:(