Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1762520 times)

felstedrider

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #18575 on: 14 November, 2022, 10:34:34 am »
I do feel bad when everyone is just down the road but I got home at 8:20, went to bed at 9:45 and then came straight back to the office first thing.

I need to reassess my priorities.

Indeed. When are you going to fix energy pricing to a sustainable lower level based on renewables alone?

Ah, well.   Some suggestions in new Govt thinking to create a two-tier (gas and non-gas) market or to go regional/nodal.   There's a lack of detail at the moment but we are trying to assess what this would mean for everyone.

I wasn't serious when I suggested that you should singlehandedly solve this knotty problem, but if you can get cheap renewable energy to my little plot on planet earth then I'm sure there's a half-pint in it for you  :thumbsup:

PV on the roof and big battery, although you've probably already thought of that.

« Reply #18576 on: 14 November, 2022, 10:40:34 am »
PV on the roof and big battery, although you've probably already thought of that.

Have the PVs, and quite a good rate based on generation rather than what gets fed into the grid. I should look at the economics of adding a battery.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #18577 on: 14 November, 2022, 07:00:47 pm »
Where to this week?

The forecast looks a bit wild, somewhere Eastern for me.  It's Beaujolais Day on Thursday so I need to preserve my strength.

East works. Where specifically?

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #18578 on: 14 November, 2022, 08:07:59 pm »
Where to this week?

The forecast looks a bit wild, somewhere Eastern for me.  It's Beaujolais Day on Thursday so I need to preserve my strength.

East works. Where specifically?

At least if its pissing down, it won't be foggy..

« Reply #18579 on: 14 November, 2022, 10:59:36 pm »
Apologies. I had route issues in Romford and then spent what seemed like a whole evening in a field. I was blessed with COR though. :facepalm:

You missed the greatest collection of bar ends the Spiritual Home has ever witnessed! If only the Baird was there to record it!!!  :facepalm:
Oh, no!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18580 on: 15 November, 2022, 03:38:40 am »
Alma?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18581 on: 15 November, 2022, 08:19:35 am »
It's going to be wet for the next few days - I'd like a western venue - anyone out & about this way?

« Reply #18582 on: 15 November, 2022, 09:52:58 am »
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #18583 on: 15 November, 2022, 12:43:11 pm »
It's going to be wet for the next few days - I'd like a western venue - anyone out & about this way?

If there is a western venue I'm a hopeful. Busy work week but it would be good to have an excuse to get out in the elements.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18584 on: 15 November, 2022, 12:49:19 pm »

If there is a western venue I'm a hopeful. Busy work week but it would be good to have an excuse to get out in the elements.

If we do have two groups tomorrow evening please can we discuss the proposed Alps trip.  If you HAVE A READ OF THIS (post #158) you'll see I might have found us some accommodation.  If people like the look of said digs we probably need to get a booking in place which of course requires commitment, something not everyone might be able to do at this stage.

Anyhow, please can we chat it through and let me know. TIA  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #18585 on: 15 November, 2022, 01:09:15 pm »
Alma?

Good for me.
I'm happy with the Alma, but the forecast 90% chance of heavy rain from 7pm will probably cause me to wimp out.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18586 on: 15 November, 2022, 01:29:37 pm »
Alma?

Good for me.
I'm happy with the Alma, but the forecast 90% chance of heavy rain from 7pm will probably cause me to wimp out.

I'm thinking Provis waterproof jacket, Rainlegs, big boots with Sealskinz socks with bucket loads of audacity!

« Reply #18587 on: 15 November, 2022, 02:10:18 pm »
Shame I’m missing out on ODs outfit. In the Northwest tomorrow.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18588 on: 15 November, 2022, 03:00:04 pm »
Westerly: Prince of Wales, Broxted; Three Horseshoes, Duton Hill; The Thatchers, Hatfield Heath; Axe and Compasses, Aythorpe Roding?

« Reply #18589 on: 15 November, 2022, 03:24:42 pm »
Alma?

Good for me.

How about somewhere with train assist ?  Chelmsford ?  It was the wind rather than the rain that was worrying me.

« Reply #18590 on: 15 November, 2022, 06:25:43 pm »
Westerly: Prince of Wales, Broxted; Three Horseshoes, Duton Hill; The Thatchers, Hatfield Heath; Axe and Compasses, Aythorpe Roding?

I go back to work tomorrow after 4 days off, so of course my replacement spokes have just been delivered.  The chance of a pint or two in a westerly hostelry might be just the motivation I need to get the bike back on the road after work tomorrow. Will see how early I can sneak away on my first day back.

« Reply #18591 on: 15 November, 2022, 06:32:43 pm »

Broxted or Hatfield Heath sound like good options that we’ve not been to for a while (or ever, for Hatfield Heath?) Depends how far jellylegs wants to go on new wheels. Equidistant for me.

« Reply #18592 on: 15 November, 2022, 08:18:40 pm »
Broxted or Hatfield Heath sound like good options that we’ve not been to for a while (or ever, for Hatfield Heath?) Depends how far jellylegs wants to go on new wheels. Equidistant for me.

I should be able to come out tomorrow - Broxted gets my vote  :)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18593 on: 15 November, 2022, 08:47:53 pm »
Not quite sure I fancy a 2 hour headwind and heavy rain ride home, so I think I will continue my current trend of not getting away from the work laptop till gone 8  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18594 on: 16 November, 2022, 06:07:25 am »
Not quite sure I fancy a 2 hour headwind and heavy rain ride home, so I think I will continue my current trend of not getting away from the work laptop till gone 8  :facepalm:

I'm happy with Chelmo.

I just want some excercise and frsh air.  Not too bothered if its wet fresh air.

« Reply #18595 on: 16 November, 2022, 07:22:20 am »
Sorry - just when the weather window looks better to at least get to a pub before significant rain, I'm needing to do a call this evening. So unfortunately I'm dropping out this week.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18596 on: 16 November, 2022, 07:24:08 am »

I should be able to come out tomorrow - Broxted gets my vote  :)

Ok, unless anyone from the Deep South is around, the Prince of Wales, Broxted is the likely choice.  :thumbsup:

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #18597 on: 16 November, 2022, 08:56:41 am »
Lurgy No.19🤢

« Reply #18598 on: 16 November, 2022, 09:23:49 am »
Lurgy No.19🤢

No wingman again  :'(  That probably makes up my mind for this week as well. 

I ought to be sensible with Beaujolais Day on Thursday and Murrayfield on Saturday.

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #18599 on: 16 November, 2022, 09:44:13 am »

No wingman again  :'(  That probably makes up my mind for this week as well. 

Fly little bird it’s time to fledge