Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by PhilO on Yesterday at 04:13:35 pm »
Open plan office: Good for collaboration, teamwork and bouncing ideas.

Open plan office with PEOPLE WHO TALK SO LOUDLY: Bad and makes me grumpy.

But only for extroverts who don't get embarrassed at the sound of their own voices.  For those of us who are rather self-conscious, it inhibits communication. A small room with a couple of others is far more conducive to sharing ideas.

You can tell I've done a lot of thinking about this over the past 12 years, can't you?  :'(
Health & Fitness / Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Last post by finch on Yesterday at 03:32:41 pm »
Yeah I wasn’t huge but my belly was
« Last post by Regulator on Yesterday at 03:30:27 pm »
Every time I lose a little - I then plateau for a while - I’m kinda used to it now because I’ve been trying to do it in a sustainable way so I have to accept that it’s slower than it could be in the hope that it’ll stay off. I’d love to say woo ! I’ve lost 17kg but at 184cm I was a whopping 110kg

100kg is nothing...
Racing / Re: A random racing thread for non Grand Tour stuff.
« Last post by andyoxon on Yesterday at 03:21:33 pm »
Great finish on Mur de Huy in Fleche Wallonne - mens.  :thumbsup:  Cold one, though.

edit.
« Last post by finch on Yesterday at 03:21:20 pm »
Every time I lose a little - I then plateau for a while - I’m kinda used to it now because I’ve been trying to do it in a sustainable way so I have to accept that it’s slower than it could be in the hope that it’ll stay off. I’d love to say woo ! I’ve lost 17kg but at 184cm I was a whopping 110kg
« Last post by Regulator on Yesterday at 03:18:46 pm »
Meh!  I maintained this week.  I think it may have been the result of a rather heavy Saturday night, when much boozahol was consumed...
The Pub / Re: Funny coincidence
« Last post by ElyDave on Yesterday at 03:18:43 pm »
Your 48th wedding anniversary is 2 years minus one day after my birthday, congrats
« Last post by Peter on Yesterday at 03:14:34 pm »
Fascinating - we miss you by 5 days (and 5 years).  My adoptive grandfather was from Diss and I can (and frequently do) spit into Stalybridge from here.  Congratulations, too!
« Last post by Wowbagger on Yesterday at 03:05:40 pm »
Today Jan and I ventured into Newport (Pembs) just to see what it was like. We ended up having lunch in a slightly poncey bistro.

Whilst we were eating, a few people came and went and mostly I took no notice. Then, I overheard someone ordering some cake to take out. “It’s our wedding anniversary so we are going to celebrate.”

I turned and asked them, for it was a couple, “Excuse me, did I just hear you say the today is your wedding anniversary?”

“Yes, you did.”

“Snap!” I responded.

Further conversation revealed that it was their 48th. Same as ours.

It turned out that they were married in Diss, whereas we tied the knot in the Stalybridge Unitarian church.

I explored the possibility of having a meal with them this evening, but it seems that one of them still has an ageing parent to attend to. However, we took them upon their recommendation of the Golden Lion, Newport, as a preferred eatery.

I know of only two other couples whose wedding day was 17th April: Chris & Mrs. Hoy, and Sybil and Basil Fawlty.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Online Banking Problem.
« Last post by andrewc on Yesterday at 03:03:27 pm »
Further hardware tests will have to wait until I'm next there.   Everything has been in situ for ages though.   The rechargeable batteries in the phone handset are knackered as well, so I've ordered some replacements.  I'll have to dig through the box of cables & crap to see if I've still got a spare filter.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]