Author Topic: Old Squit 200  (Read 3284 times)

Re: Old Squit 200
« Reply #25 on: 18 March, 2012, 06:30:40 pm »
fine today other than a general wearyness

it'll catch up with me on Wed ish I suspect, fit and ready for the Start on Summer on a regular bike (the horror)

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #26 on: 18 March, 2012, 11:03:38 pm »
And we both had to thrash ourselves to hang on to the wheel of the Iddu/Tynan fast freight locomotive that came past us at a teasingly modest speed differential on the way to Sea Palling - at least it seemed a small speed differential at the time; by the time we reached the Sandy Hills cafe we were both gutted.
truth be told, I at least was trying to drop the drafters at the time, or at least make them sweat a bit, likely why I got a bit leggy in the final stages. iddu was probably making sure we did the right thing, he sorted out the drag brake so I can;t hear it any more ... ;)
Yes, John did say afterwards that he wondered if you were "toying with us" !

Snigger ;D

Yes, he's a strong engine  ;)  but I felt not unkind and kept it ~28 avg :)

You'd have enjoyed following us down the unscheduled diversion from Ling House to Great Bircham; true RSF ethos :thumbsup: ;D ;D ;D
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #27 on: 18 March, 2012, 11:20:48 pm »
You'd have enjoyed following us down the unscheduled diversion from Ling House to Great Bircham; true RSF ethos :thumbsup: ;D ;D ;D
Bridleways eh........... I hope it was really bumpy!

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #28 on: 18 March, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »
Certainly the last 300m was - I was expecting the "finger in the back" momentarily :)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

simonp

« Reply #29 on: 18 March, 2012, 11:33:07 pm »
No need to buy. Cut a short length from the tyre you have just written off, then trim off the beads.

I’ve had one for years and only needed it for the first time a few weeks ago.

« Reply #30 on: 19 March, 2012, 11:13:39 am »
Certainly the last 300m was - I was expecting the "finger in the back" momentarily :)

I'm yet to learn the higher stoker skills

I do recall bitching and moaning more and more and more, only the happy cry of 'I can see cars' stopped me insisting we pushed