Author Topic: Winter Solstice  (Read 3266 times)

Winter Solstice
« on: 18 September, 2017, 02:33:57 pm »
I've just noticed that the 2017 Winter Solstice wasn't set up for online entry - but it is now.

This year we have an HQ for the start and finish.  We've outgrown starting from my parent's garage and queuing for the toilets.  We start from Woodley, near Stockport and not far from M60 junction 25.

Re: Winter Solstice
« Reply #1 on: 08 December, 2017, 06:16:37 pm »
The Winter Solstice (2017) is closed to further entries for 17th December as I have exceeded the number of riders I feel I can safely look after.  However, it isn't all bad news.  I am riding the extremely similar Holt Perm on Saturday 23rd December and riders unable to find a place on the Winter Solstice can join me.  See details at http://www.delphcyclist.info/HoltPerm.html.

It is even cheaper to enter, although there is no start/finish control.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 08 December, 2017, 07:03:29 pm »
Is it like a Mobius strip??
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2017, 10:46:16 am »

No, that's just ridiculous.  Cyclists wouldn't know which side of the road they should be on.  Unfortunately I have run out of Klein biddons (I am not sure if that is even possible).

« Reply #4 on: 11 December, 2017, 04:45:52 pm »
So if we enter few days before do we meet up pick brevet card up and peddle off,

if so is there a start time

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #5 on: 11 December, 2017, 05:33:47 pm »

Yes, a brevet of infinite length...

...but it's OK, because the time limit is also infinite!  ;)
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Jay_70_One

• Condor Road Club
« Reply #6 on: 12 December, 2017, 05:38:56 pm »
Are the details of the address start on the Audax site please, and is there a valid RWGPS GPX available to note the changes to the start and finish? Cheers all, looking forward to the ride, full of festive cheer.

:thumbsup:
Don't die wondering...

« Reply #7 on: 15 December, 2017, 07:56:55 pm »
Are the details of the address start on the Audax site please, and is there a valid RWGPS GPX available to note the changes to the start and finish? Cheers all, looking forward to the ride, full of festive cheer.

:thumbsup:

Well, they are on http://www.delphcyclist.info/Solstice.html as emailed to all successful entrants.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #8 on: 17 December, 2017, 10:47:05 am »

when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #9 on: 17 December, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »
Looks like being a good day out. Glad the weather fairy turned the heat up just in time. :thumbsup:

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #10 on: 18 December, 2017, 02:52:30 pm »
T'was better all that rain than snow yesterday, that's for sure....
Great to get back on the saddle following my recent surgery & being a fat lad I naturally enjoyed all the extra food following hefty DNS rate..
Many thanks to MW for organising & singlehandedly running yesterdays great ride. Winter Solstice ride one of my favourites - not least because (almost) officially start of longer days & shorter nights.  Soon be springtime  :thumbsup:
Fatter Riders Bounce Better :-) !

« Reply #11 on: 19 December, 2017, 11:28:02 am »
So if we enter few days before do we meet up pick brevet card up and peddle off,

if so is there a start time

Yes, I'll let everyone who indicates that they are taking up the option where the start location is in Bredbury near Stockport.  Start time is between 7:30 - 8:30.