Author Topic: Garmin - help re plug in  (Read 1089 times)

Garmin - help re plug in
« on: 06 July, 2014, 03:04:34 pm »
Hi

I recently purchased a garmin edge 200 and in the whole I am happy with it.
However everytime I try to upload my routes it asked me to download the plug in.  I have now done this about ten times!  I am saving as well as running the plug in.  I am having further problems regarding transferring my data to runkeeper.... but I'll come back once I hopefully get the plug in issue sorted! 

Can anyone tell me why this is?  My system is compatible, I am running on ie7 via Microsoft.

Please help me before I crack up!
 :P
cheesy!
Using Tapatalk

Re: Garmin - help re plug in
« Reply #1 on: 06 July, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »
Are you trying to upload via the Garmin Connect website? Garmin in their wisdom have now decided that this method is outdated and you need to use a program called Garmin Express (which is a a free download)
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2014, 08:25:05 am »
I've tried to connect my Garmin 305 to Garmin Express and it wants me to connect an ANT stick. I have got an ANT stick! >:(

« Reply #3 on: 07 July, 2014, 08:57:31 am »
@Cheesy,

I contacted Garmin Helpdesk and this is the advice they gave me:

Can you provide me with the following information so that we can help you as best as possible:[/size]Error message or problem you have received
  • What you have tried so far
  • myGarmin username
  • Device Serial Number
  • Click Run
  • Click Find Log Files
  • Please email the ExpressLogs file that is saved on your desktop.
  • [/size]I will also need the Garmindevice.XML file. To find this file please do the following:[/size]Connect the unit to the computer
  • Open my computer
  • Open the Garmin Drive
  • Open Garmin Folder
  • [/size]Once I have these files I will report this issue for you and let our software team investigate this further.
    [/size]As soon as we have found a resolution for you we will be in contact.
    [/size]If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know. Alternatively you can search for a solution here: http://www.garmin.co.uk/support

« Reply #4 on: 09 July, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »
I can't get a Garmin Edge 205 to work with Garmin Express either. I don't think the old generation of Garmins are compatible with Garmin Express but if you find out from Garmin how to do it then please share with us.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo