Author Topic: Same old eTrex questions!  (Read 3925 times)

Re: Same old eTrex questions!
« Reply #25 on: 21 September, 2014, 10:22:09 pm »
No, this was not a download.
THis is the track as recorded by the GPS when I rode the event. It's the Etrex which stored it incorrectly in it's own memory. But getting it readable again, that's the problem.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #26 on: 22 September, 2014, 02:17:03 pm »
See this thread about TMP files: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=71940.0
Its probably just a GPX file which doesn't finish properly. So you could open it in a text editor, and add the appropriate closing tags.

Or maybe you could processing it with GPSBabel, ie just set the input and output formats to GPX. That might give you a working file. Or try the converter on Gpsies.com or GPS Visualizer.

« Reply #27 on: 22 September, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »
I've asked Jedrik's husband for advise. He managed to save part of the track. It's indeed a track which hasn't been properly saved and ends abruptly. Luckily it ends when I was allready riding with the chap with whom I rode the furhter stretch to the sleepcontrol.
According to Jedrik's husband it happens when you shut down the Garmin when it's still saving the track into the archive section. I can dimly remember that I shut down the Garmin shortly after starting a day later, so that could indeed have caused it.