Off Topic > The Pub

No Sycamore Gap anymore

(1/22) > >>

aidan.f:
This morning Northumberland national park authority stated it “can confirm that sadly, the famous tree at Sycamore Gap has come down overnight. We have reason to believe it has been deliberately felled"
Looking at the photos of a chainsawn stump I would say so!...
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/sep/28/famous-sycamore-gap-tree-at-hadrians-wall-found-apparently-cut-down

Lightning Phil:
A mindless act of vandalism and disconnect and disrespect for nature

Polar Bear:
I am pleased that I have had the opportunity to see the sycamore in situ and livid as hell with the utter fuckheads who decided to cut it down.

I'd be tempted to take a chainsaw to their trunks if the opportunity arose.

Utter bastards.

Cudzoziemiec:
A horrible thing to do. I can only wonder if the motive was simply vandalism or perhaps a landowner's shenanigans (eg objecting to people walking there).

L CC:

--- Quote from: Cudzoziemiec on 28 September, 2023, 01:44:23 pm ---A horrible thing to do. I can only wonder if the motive was simply vandalism or perhaps a landowner's shenanigans (eg objecting to people walking there).

--- End quote ---
It's in the National park, on the Wall. The ship has long ago sailed if the landowner objected to foot traffic.

It's just wanton vandalism. Foul.

--- Quote from: Polar Bear on 28 September, 2023, 01:31:48 pm ---I'd be tempted to take a chainsaw to their trunks if the opportunity arose.

--- End quote ---
Really? Come on. This is the kind of attitude and comment that leads to the shite society we live in. It's up there with bring back hanging and chop the balls off rapists.
Sorry PB, I don't mean to pick on you, but there's been a lot of this kind of thing lately and it's saddening from people I generally like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version