General Category > Audax

My first Audax...

(1/6) > >>

TomF:
...was significantly more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I did the Hailing 106km in the Cotswolds very very slowly. Having read these pages to death beforehand I almost had everything I needed (except a pen) and as it was a special occasion I wore one of my better QPR tops, which caused consternation amongst some riders.

Met some really lovely people and was helped round the last 50k by a fella from Bristol CTC whose name I didn't get (thanks if you're reading this). Was surprised at the turnout - 50+ I'd say - I thought these events were the preserve of a few hardy souls. Absolutely beautiful ride, but I found some of the hills brutal. I knew I was bad at climbing but had not realised how bad. This would appear to be down to the fact that I always manage to avoid anything lumpy when out on the bike.

Onwards and er, upwards.

scottlington:
Good on yer,  Tom! They get easier....   O:-)

Wowbagger:
That's very good. My first one, almost two years ago, was hilly for this part of the world (Essex / Cambs / Herts) but benign compared to a Cotswold romp.

I was totally exhausted at the end.

MattH:
Well done :)

And it does get easier, even the hills.

innesh:
Well done.

Here's a good tip for any budding audaxer - learn to love those hills!  :thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version