Author Topic: Garmin Edge 200: Is there a wrist strap available?  (Read 1513 times)

Garmin Edge 200: Is there a wrist strap available?
« on: 14 May, 2015, 09:05:22 pm »
I can see wrist straps for other models but not the 200.   Would be useful if one was available.

Anybody any ideas please?

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: Garmin Edge 200: Is there a wrist strap available?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2015, 09:34:46 pm »
AFAIK Mr Garmin doesn't do such an item BUT the standard handlebar mount that fits with two "elastic bands" could very easily be mounted on a nylon watch strap to do what you have in mind - probably with a bit of sewing around the "horns" that the bands clip into.   [I assume you are aware it fits into a mount with a twist and lock mechanism]

... on the club run yesterday I had the Garmin Edge Touring on the bars, with map etc, and an Edge 200 in my jacket pocket - that worked fine to record the whole trip (the Touring was used for just part of the day)

Rob

« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »
Hi Rob,

Interesting thanks.   

I have mounted the nice little circular mount on my T bar above the stem.   I have also seen a wrist strap for a 201/301 forerunner which seems to be a similar mount and was wondering if the two are compatible or not.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2015, 09:52:04 pm »
This quick release wrist strap for the Forerunner 910XT should work: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-910xt-quick-release-kit/
It uses the same quarter turn mount as the Edge. Though I think the Edge mount is 90 degrees different, so the screen will be the wrong way round.
And the Edge seems a bit too bulky and heavy, not sure how comfortable it would be on the wrist.