Author Topic: Mrs. Wow's cough  (Read 1586 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Mrs. Wow's cough
« on: 08 April, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »
Has been bugging her for over a week. I've never known her as ill as this. She is on antibiotics and is improving, but very slowly. Her lungs are full of grot.

I keep having flashbacks to my childhood, when people were expected, around the age of 60, to start keeling over and pushing up the daisies.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Chris S

Re: Mrs. Wow's cough
« Reply #1 on: 08 April, 2013, 08:02:58 pm »
Has been bugging her for over a week. I've never known her as ill as this. She is on antibiotics and is improving, but very slowly. Her lungs are full of grot.

I keep having flashbacks to my childhood, when people were expected, around the age of 60, to start keeling over and pushing up the daisies.

Blimey. Mrs T's departure put you into a bit of a downer, Mr Bagger?

« Reply #2 on: 08 April, 2013, 08:12:50 pm »
Hope she gets better soon.    Loads of people are having nasty coughs at the moment.  It took over a month for mine to go.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3 on: 08 April, 2013, 08:48:54 pm »

I was thinking this before Thatcher's timely demise cheered me up more than you might have expected.

Chris S

« Reply #4 on: 08 April, 2013, 08:50:46 pm »

I was thinking this before Thatcher's timely demise cheered me up more than you might have expected.

That much? I would have expected quite a lot, as it happens...  ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »
Pneumonia? Keep her observed.
It is simpler than it looks.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #6 on: 08 April, 2013, 09:54:29 pm »
Just lungs or sinuses too? Asking cos Mrs Cudzo's started off as a chest infection and then got into her sinuses in a bad way. Amoxycilin sorted it out, almost.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #7 on: 08 April, 2013, 09:56:52 pm »
She's seen a doctor, hasn't she? How's her asthma? Might be worth her booking back with the doctor this week to have a follow-up.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #8 on: 08 April, 2013, 10:12:19 pm »
She's seen a doctor, hasn't she? How's her asthma? Might be worth her booking back with the doctor this week to have a follow-up.

Yes, on Wednesday. She's on antibiotics, but they are taking their time to shift it.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #9 on: 17 April, 2013, 02:35:49 pm »
Well, she's still coughing but much better. Dez, who has been laid low by the same lurgy, is currently trying to manage an online conference but his voice is very gravelly, and not in a good way.

I'm still coughing, although I don't actually feel ill. I remember a few years ago getting something similar which left me what the doc. described as "post-infectious asthma".

I went to choir last night but gave up at half time. I struggled to reach any notes within an octave below middle C. OTOH I had no problem with the bottom D in Vaughan Williams' "Serenade to Music".

I think I'm going to dip out of the concert on 27th: I have missed too many rehearsals and we should have a new grandson to coo over this time next week.