Author Topic: 'Explore' - a 6 part special by The Cycling Podcast  (Read 2153 times)

'Explore' - a 6 part special by The Cycling Podcast
« on: 16 November, 2018, 12:11:44 pm »
https://thecyclingpodcast.com/ - (This episode is not actually on their homepage yet)

New podcast from the TCP lot, focusing on the paths less ridden/adventure/touring.  I'm 20mins in and this episode is mainly covering TCR. A good listen thus far.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: 'Explore' - a 6 part special by The Cycling Podcast
« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2018, 02:51:39 pm »
Quite looking forward to this, I'm a big fan of TCP :)

When you've finished that Peaty, try this
https://thebikeshow.net/higher-faster-rougher-wilder-with-max-leonard/

(old news I know, but for some reason I've missed loads of Bike Shows. )

There is also an interview with James the TCR winner in Cycling Weekly yesterday.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 17 November, 2018, 06:42:50 pm »
Listened. Very good  :thumbsup:

There is also an interview with James the TCR winner in Cycling Weekly yesterday.
... interviewed by Richard Abraham (?? can Ed check this??). Who was also interviewed on the above podcast. With James Hayden. I think I'm going round in circles ...

Anyway, James' interview had a lot of good stuff in it. Nice to hear someone being a little outspoken on a few things - like the Team EF/Drapac/wotever business. And ultra-riders with not enough mechanical nouse!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 31 December, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »
What a smashing series this has been :) Just the Mike Hall one to go (although he's had plenty of name-checks already), and each episode has had something interesting.

The Mike Broadwith interview (about his LEJOG record) is possibly the standout - but it's nice that there's a balance, with Broadwith at the hard-core performance end, and some good bits about less speedy exploration  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #4 on: 31 December, 2018, 08:03:28 pm »
Agreed, it really has been brilliant. Think I agree that all episodes were very good and James Hayden and Michael Broadwith episodes were brilliant. Still have to listen to the Mike Hall one and the Mark Beaumont and Jenny Graham clips . Lionel Birnie trip with Ned Boulting  light hearted antidote.

« Reply #5 on: 02 January, 2019, 08:34:50 am »
I found it a bit hit and miss. The Hall, Hayden, Broadwith etc segments were great but juxtaposed by bits about some ladies riding a sportive and Lionel & Ned's bimble around Norfolk.

Yes, I am moaning about a free podcast.....  :facepalm: