Author Topic: Important research for audax types  (Read 2156 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Important research for audax types
« on: 20 December, 2010, 01:53:56 am »
BMJ research looking at how attractive one is after sleep deprivation:

Beauty sleep: experimental study on the perceived health and attractiveness of sleep deprived people -- Axelsson et al. 341
         -- bmj.com

ConclusionOur findings show that sleep deprived people appear less healthy, less attractive, and more tired compared with when they are well rested. This suggests that humans are sensitive to sleep related facial cues, with potential implications for social and clinical judgments and behaviour. Studies are warranted for understanding how these effects may affect clinical decision making and can add knowledge with direct implications in a medical context.

Best not to go out on the pull after a 600.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Re: Important research for audax types
« Reply #1 on: 20 December, 2010, 07:49:02 am »
"...sleep deprived people appear....more tired"

As someone who works in a PR agency I am impressed by the conclusions reached by this important research.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #2 on: 20 December, 2010, 08:05:34 am »
Yes, fascinating and much needed research. Until now, I was sure that being slightly incoherent, blearly eyed and smelling like a tramp made me more attractive to the opposite sex and have often tried to emulate this when off the bike.

H

LEE

« Reply #3 on: 20 December, 2010, 11:02:32 am »
"...sleep deprived people appear....more tired"

As someone who works in a PR agency I am impressed by the conclusions reached by this important research.

The same research team previously discovered that Bears shit in the woods and the Pope is a Catholic.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December, 2010, 06:29:03 pm »
You want to know what your girlfriend will look like in 10 years time?
Find an old photo of her mother get her to ride a 24h TT.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #5 on: 20 December, 2010, 08:04:20 pm »
I remember sitting on a busy train after my first 400 and still getting an empty seat next to me.  I'm not sure if it was Eau de Vingt- Trois heure en vélo or the fact that I was gouching like a smack head.  In retrospect it was probably a bit of both.