Author Topic: [HAMR] Things we have to cope with  (Read 8686 times)

Re: Things we have to cope with
« Reply #50 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »
It's entirely possible that the same rides could get flagged more than once.

Second time they are flagged you don't get the option to dismiss the flag yourself - you have to go through some sort of Strava support to get it cleared. Could be a right pain

I see his ride on the 11th is still showing as flagged.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #51 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »
I dont think I am the only team member who is active on YACF -- Ian is too.

But I am not our Strava link - and yes they are very PRO Steve -- major podcast interview this evening I think -- so any feedback on what is going on has to be quite slow -- our man to strava -- sort it out -- then I have to learn what is going on and how we might stop it in the future - and then find time to summarise it back here for you.

Sorry YACF I can not do better for you than that -- wish I had not started the thread
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #52 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:46:49 pm »
It's worth noting that flagging a ride doesn't remove the record, so the evidence of Steve's riding remains untouched. So while it might temporally stop the ride contributing to Strava's own awards, that's very minor / irrelevant in the scheme of things.
Exactly.

I think folks are getting needlessly worried about this.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #53 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »
One comment on the TT forum was along the lines of 'we could all do it if we have the time but I prefer to spend time with my family'.   Guy tried to defend himself but was shot down.   The rest are busy debating his Max HR, FTP and CTL numbers.

Anyone with a serious interest in 24 Hour TTs might go to the start to scope the riders and bikes, then marshal at various times. But the event doesn't start to reveal its shape until about halfway in, when it's worth taking a detailed interest.
The least satisfactory part for me is the 10 day stagger, coupled with pacers being allowed. It might come down to Tarzan doing a 10 day Team Time Trial without taking a turn, to do the longest distance.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #54 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people with warm support and respect for Steve, Kurt, William and all the previous record holders*. This is an overwhelmingly positive event. Let's not give a couple of grouchers any more attention than they deserve.

* For example, have you seen this wonderful interview with Billie Fleming?
Whilst I agree with the thrust of your post Jo, perhaps this thread will make a good "dustbin" to list all the moaners we come across? A sort of venting/ranting thread.

My nomination would be this lot:
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fancy-riding-your-bike-every-day-of-the-year/page/4

Glad to say that the majority there seem to "get it", and the ever-patient "DavidB" put the jealous knockers in their place rather bootifully.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #55 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:45:41 pm »
Apparently Kurt is getting some flagging problems too. Together with  a more critical set of comments on  his rides, such as  comparisons between Florida and Milton Keynes riding conditions.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #56 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »
That is impolite. I hope it stops soon.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #57 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:49:37 pm »
Me too.

I doubt he gives a flying, though!

« Reply #58 on: 15 January, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »

You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #60 on: 15 January, 2015, 10:05:18 pm »
Aye, it's the same challenge, and they're both tackling it in their own way.

The different approaches add to the interest in watching it!

*waves Teethgrinder flag*

« Reply #61 on: 16 January, 2015, 09:09:52 am »
Shows how slow witted, ignorant and stupid some people can be.

Before trying to debunk Steve’s Strava recordings, it would be a good idea to do some research and find out what is EXPECTED to appear on Steve’s Strava account.

But alas, there will always be thicko ‘knee-jerkers’.