Author Topic: Summer Arrow and Dart  (Read 2473 times)

Summer Arrow and Dart
« on: 31 May, 2018, 06:41:17 pm »
So, who's riding an Arrow or a Dart to York this year?

After "winning" the Summer Dart award for the last 6 years I feel obligated to have another go.  The Dart is a 14 hour ride towards York starting Friday 22 June or Saturday 23rd.  At the moment I'm off the bike needing the attentions of a physiotherapist, making my participation in doubt, so there might be a trophy up for grabs.  Or perhaps not, if I can do a Froome and make a late improvement.

I think I might plan a 200km ride starting and finishing in York, and making a circle of York giving me DNF options if I feel I'm not up to it.

For those who might plan to take the train back from York, please note that Transpennine Trains now require 24 hours to book your bike.

Re: Summer Arrow and Dart
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2018, 09:23:12 pm »
aukweb is not responding atm - what's the date?

edit - found it on

https://www.letsdothis.com/e/summer-arrow-to-york-18846

let's DO this!!! yay!! whoop!!

is that me and you in that peloton Mike?

Seriously though, I was thinking about this if it does not clash with picking up Revell Jnr from university.   I thought it might be a more gentle version of the Easter sufferfest.  I was going to plug it locally as a sunshiny group ride.

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Re: Summer Arrow and Dart (2019)
« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2019, 01:21:42 pm »
Is anyone thinking of doing a Summer Dart to York? I'm toying with the idea of taking a day off work. Are Summer Darts as popular as Easter Arrows? Do many people aim to end up in the same place?

« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2019, 04:53:48 pm »

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2019, 05:09:34 pm »
4 last year. http://www.aukweb.net/results/archive/2018/listevent/?Ride=18-YDAR

Cheers Dean - I didn't think of checking the results list. So .. a quiet affair then. I might just do one anyway if I get the time off work. Turns a DIY into a calendar event and makes my individual results a little more varied to look at.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #6 on: 16 May, 2019, 05:47:28 pm »
I've got an entry in for this year's Rally/Summer Dart on the Friday, from York to York (makes it easier that way, given I live here!)

I'm having to ride on the Friday, as I'm commissairing the BSCA Grasstrack National (and Yorkshire) Championships on the Saturday! I'll be the ugly, bearded one in the Commissaires Polo Shirt/Fleece/Raincoat** and probably my old AUK cap to keep the Sun/Rain/Snow/Horizontal Sleet** out of my eyes!

** Delete as applicable due to the weather!  :P
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

« Reply #7 on: 16 May, 2019, 07:29:14 pm »
 I'll be the ugly, bearded one in the Commissaires Polo Shirt/Fleece/Raincoat** and probably my old AUK cap to keep the Sun/Rain/Snow/Horizontal Sleet** out of my eyes!

** Delete as applicable due to the weather!  :P
[/quote]

you forgot the hat/ coat being blow in every direction due to that little bit of wind that is order especially for the Rally weekend  :P :P :P :P :P

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #8 on: 16 May, 2019, 09:18:52 pm »

I'll be the ugly, bearded one in the Commissaires Polo Shirt/Fleece/Raincoat** and probably my old AUK cap to keep the Sun/Rain/Snow/Horizontal Sleet** out of my eyes!

** Delete as applicable due to the weather! 

you forgot the hat/ coat being blow in every direction due to that little bit of wind that is order especially for the Rally weekend 
[/quote]

How much wind there is depends on what I have for tea on the Friday!!
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

« Reply #9 on: 16 May, 2019, 10:21:56 pm »
I suppose we need to put our hats in the ring. Tricycle Arrow leaving York at 14:00 Friday.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 16 May, 2019, 11:29:18 pm »
I suppose we need to put our hats in the ring. Tricycle Arrow leaving York at 14:00 Friday.

Where are you aiming to finish? What's your ETA?

« Reply #11 on: 17 May, 2019, 04:40:21 am »
York rally finish 14:00 Saturday. Are you considering joining us?

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 17 May, 2019, 06:52:45 am »
I have a Wedding on the Saturday Friday and I'm preaching on the Sunday, but in-between I was thinking of a 200 and if there was a chance to end up where others are, that would be nice. A 4am start on a flattish route would get me to York for 2p maybe. [Dons thinking cap]

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #13 on: 23 May, 2019, 01:29:46 pm »
Is there any desire/takers for a London start?
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick