Author Topic: Christmas Spirit  (Read 5586 times)

Re: Christmas Spirit
« Reply #25 on: 27 December, 2018, 09:28:00 am »
oh the crimbo spirit is running high in this driver - https://twitter.com/DontFollowStu/status/1077271606555217923 - season to be fecking jolly !

BBC: "Police said they believed the driver and a passenger were involved in an incident inside the store moments beforehand, where a person was challenged by Tesco security staff after allegedly attempting to steal alcohol."
Seems to me that the driver in the car wanted to leave, but another car in front of it and an angry
mob prevented it. Did I miss something?

So this is what it was all about.

I don't think the link is what you intend it to be, is it?
I didn't intend it to be anything. I just wanted to know what was going on.

« Reply #26 on: 27 December, 2018, 11:59:58 am »
Just that when I clicked it something completely unrelated came up - a logo or something.  Something called This.com - have you tried it?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #27 on: 27 December, 2018, 12:03:59 pm »
matt, I haven't said I'm not interested in cyclists' rights.  What I have said is that I'm more interested in them staying alive.
OK cool - but you're still discussing them in the manner of two different things.

My point is that supporting their rights will HELP them stay alive  :thumbsup:

("them"?? Us!! )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #28 on: 27 December, 2018, 12:17:27 pm »
I don't thinkk anyone would dispute that, matt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #29 on: 27 December, 2018, 12:54:48 pm »
Just that when I clicked it something completely unrelated came up - a logo or something.  Something called This.com - have you tried it?

The link points to http://this, which doesn't exist.  If you see anything other than an "Address could not be resolved" type error message, that's either down to your browser trying to be clever (eg. by sticking a .com on the end and trying again) or your ISP hijacking NXDOMAIN errors.

« Reply #30 on: 27 December, 2018, 01:08:26 pm »
Yes, I got the second one, Kim.  Either way the link doesn't work, I think.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #31 on: 27 December, 2018, 01:11:10 pm »
oh the crimbo spirit is running high in this driver - https://twitter.com/DontFollowStu/status/1077271606555217923 - season to be fecking jolly !

BBC: "Police said they believed the driver and a passenger were involved in an incident inside the store moments beforehand, where a person was challenged by Tesco security staff after allegedly attempting to steal alcohol."
Seems to me that the driver in the car wanted to leave, but another car in front of it and an angry
mob prevented it. Did I miss something?

So this is what it was all about.

I don't think the link is what you intend it to be, is it?
I didn't intend it to be anything. I just wanted to know what was going on.
It's a one and a half minute film of a crowd in a supermarket car park trying to prevent a blue car, or its occupants, from going anywhere. They get away. Despite the title The world goes crazy when Tesco shuts for one day, it's actually of an attempted arrest of some shoplifters.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8059341/tesco-shoplifters-workers-broken-back-golf-clubs-rickmansworth/
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #32 on: 27 December, 2018, 01:18:22 pm »
That's going to be a pricey bottle of whatever. Idiots.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #33 on: 27 December, 2018, 02:10:32 pm »
I don't thinkk anyone would dispute that, matt.

In a world with flat-earthers - let alone cyclists still using inner tubes  :o - you just never know!  :D
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #34 on: 28 December, 2018, 01:05:28 am »
I live in Inner Tube Central!

« Reply #35 on: 03 January, 2019, 01:14:09 pm »
That's going to be a pricey bottle of whatever. Idiots.

I think someone was seriously hurt - I doubt ending up in the spinal unit was what she had in mind when she went to work that day. What's not clear from the film was that the car was driving at speed the wrong way around the car park and several of the 'angry mob' had already been rammed by the escaping car which shortly afterwards nearly ran another one off the road.  It's a few 100 m from where I live.... glad I wasn't cycling by

Such a shame so many people on the twitter thought it was funny