Author Topic: TdeF 2013  (Read 55576 times)

Re: TdeF 2013
« Reply #25 on: 29 June, 2013, 04:28:45 pm »
If you were undecided about race radios before..........
Working my way up to inferior.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #26 on: 29 June, 2013, 04:39:25 pm »
To me it looked like Cav swerved off his line and instigated the crash.. *takes cover*
It was greipel, not Cav, cav was caught behind the crash.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #27 on: 29 June, 2013, 04:40:56 pm »
Rumour has it that the bus was 'unwedged' by a single blow from Bernard Hinault.

« Reply #28 on: 29 June, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »
To me it looked like Cav swerved off his line and instigated the crash.. *takes cover*
It was greipel, not Cav, cav was caught behind the crash.

Yeah. I can see that now on the replay.

I was going to put money on G not lasting ten stages, but things could be even worse.
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #29 on: 29 June, 2013, 04:49:09 pm »
Potentially a big blow for OPQS, Eurosport reporting Tony Martin with a possible broken collarbone. 

« Reply #30 on: 29 June, 2013, 05:26:58 pm »
Potentially a big blow for OPQS, Eurosport reporting Tony Martin with a possible broken collarbone.

OOOOOOOOOOOUCH    :-[

« Reply #31 on: 29 June, 2013, 05:29:18 pm »
Virtually every eyewitness report confirms the coach driver was waved through. Poor sod.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #32 on: 29 June, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »
Well, I've made the calculation and the monthly Eurosport sub will only cost me 25p per day. *strokes chin*
Goldilocks, the cheapest deal Sky are offering me is £26.50pm, half price for first year. Can you share, by PM if you want,  what your deal is? Thanks.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #33 on: 29 June, 2013, 06:36:40 pm »
Well, I've made the calculation and the monthly Eurosport sub will only cost me 25p per day. *strokes chin*
Goldilocks, the cheapest deal Sky are offering me is £26.50pm, half price for first year. Can you share, by PM if you want,  what your deal is? Thanks.

I imagine it's the Eurosport Player streaming app, rather than via Sky.

« Reply #34 on: 29 June, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »
<Sets ITV4 Highlights series record>

After the main summit tomorrow - there seems to be around 40km of downhill...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #35 on: 29 June, 2013, 08:38:31 pm »
Tony - has a concussion and a contusion on his left lung. He also has soft tissue damages on his hip, chest, left knee and shoulder, and also on his back. Furthermore, he has a very deep wound 5cm wide on his left elbow that reaches his muscles, which causes a lot of pain and a problem moving his arm.

And they are still thinking about if he is starting tomorrow, is he the next Jens?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #36 on: 29 June, 2013, 08:46:00 pm »
he must be bionic :o

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #37 on: 29 June, 2013, 09:02:54 pm »
Was Millar up there?

Yes he was. Fourth, I think.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #38 on: 29 June, 2013, 09:08:18 pm »
Millar contesting a sprint finish is a rare thing.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #39 on: 29 June, 2013, 09:09:04 pm »
Wow, what an exciting stage!

I couldn't watch it Live, I was at a Strawberry Tea (lots of cakes), but was looking at the updates on the BBC website. Quite an exciting way to follow the story, actually. Sad for Cav and Tony Martin but certainly not a dull day!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #40 on: 29 June, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »
Well that certainly seemed a bit erratic at the end.  It didn't look like the bus driver was at fault, the race organisers should ensure that there's headroom for such vehicles, or not let them down there at all.  Typically they aren't moving that fast, and people have plenty of time to stop them, so I can't see how the driver could be at fault.  Conceivably the team had a vehicle that was too high, but I'm betting on the banner arrangement being too low.

Presumably the change of the end to 3km (with the riders at 5km!), and then changing it back to the finish line, probably didn't exactly help the rider's concentration, so may well have been part of the cause of that crash, but it's not unusual to get crashes at this point in a stage, so it's as much down to the riders, and sheer bad luck as anything else.

Taking out all of the potential winners was a god send to Kittel, who is now in Yellow, Green and White apparently!  I don't imagine he'll hang on to all of those for long, but it's certainly been an eventful day for him, I don't think he'll forget it easily!
Actually, it is rocket science.

Toady

« Reply #41 on: 29 June, 2013, 09:19:20 pm »
Well that certainly seemed a bit erratic at the end.  It didn't look like the bus driver was at fault, the race organisers should ensure that there's headroom for such vehicles, or not let them down there at all.  Typically they aren't moving that fast, and people have plenty of time to stop them, so I can't see how the driver could be at fault.  Conceivably the team had a vehicle that was too high, but I'm betting on the banner arrangement being too low.
Said on telly that the banner is at a high setting during the day when the road is open, then it's lowered and the finish is closed to traffic.  Sounds like a screw up where the driver was wrongly directed.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #42 on: 29 June, 2013, 11:43:10 pm »
The footage I saw when the bus was stuck, the top of the gantry thing seemed to be above where it would be at its highest and still the bus was too tall for it.

« Reply #43 on: 30 June, 2013, 12:35:02 am »

I imagine it's the Eurosport Player streaming app, rather than via Sky.

^this

4.99 of your earth pounds per month, via 'pooter
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
« Reply #44 on: 30 June, 2013, 12:53:33 am »
I believe there's another deal where annual subscription works out substantially cheaper. Makes sense if you follow the classics and all three grand tours. There doesn't seem to be as much of the more esoteric stuff that used to transfix me when I first came across Eurosport but it is still value for money compared to what else is out there.
A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

« Reply #45 on: 30 June, 2013, 08:04:21 am »
My one month iPad subscription to Eurosport costs 2.99. For three quid I am very happy with it and did the same thing for the giro.

Advantage for me is I can watch it anywhere i have wifi and not just at home.
Keep on keeping on.

« Reply #46 on: 30 June, 2013, 10:43:29 am »
It's a fiver a month for a one off subscription cancellable any time, or £36 for the entire year. Then again, you might try the old trick of using ITV4 pictures and chasing around for freebie Eurosport internet streams for the commentary (bearing in mind the delay), if the two Ps get too irritating.

« Reply #47 on: 30 June, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
Ligget and Sherwin are just appalling twats.

Yesterday Liggett said "Voigt has found the elixir of youth"  ;D

Yeah, Phil. Its called EPO.

LEE

« Reply #48 on: 30 June, 2013, 11:43:53 am »

EOY surely

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #49 on: 30 June, 2013, 11:51:31 am »

I love Jensie, and I really want to believe he's been clean all these years. I really do. But... yeah.