Author Topic: "Hip" injury  (Read 4875 times)

Re: "Hip" injury
« Reply #25 on: 02 June, 2009, 03:31:14 pm »
I have been off the bike for nearly 4 weeks; well, when I say off the bike, I mean for serious rides out at least, as I still do short, slow commutes as agreed with the GP. She is not totally sure of what I have but has prescribed anti-inflammatories for what she thinks could be bursatis or some tendonitis (?). It has been better last week and I stopped taking the drug (which is quite strong), but I was in pain again at the WE. Better today but not great. It is uncomfortable, very painful at times, and getting to be frustrating; in particular as I may be suffering from bike-withdrawal syndrome!  :P

Anyone has had similar pain, "inside" the hip?

My wife has been plagued with this sort ot pain for a couple of years, and has  had various diagnoses, including oseo-arthritis. But latest (from consultant) is something to do with tendonitis to a tendon deep within the buttock, and he gave her a cortisone injection. It seems to have had a generally good effect, but the hip is still painful from time to time. So she has Tramadol painkillers to help in that situation. Practamol doesn't really do it, and she can't take ibuprofen with her litium.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Re: "Hip" injury
« Reply #26 on: 03 June, 2009, 10:59:57 am »
I have been off the bike for nearly 4 weeks; well, when I say off the bike, I mean for serious rides out at least, as I still do short, slow commutes as agreed with the GP. She is not totally sure of what I have but has prescribed anti-inflammatories for what she thinks could be bursatis or some tendonitis (?). It has been better last week and I stopped taking the drug (which is quite strong), but I was in pain again at the WE. Better today but not great. It is uncomfortable, very painful at times, and getting to be frustrating; in particular as I may be suffering from bike-withdrawal syndrome!  :P

Anyone has had similar pain, "inside" the hip?

[...] But latest (from consultant) is something to do with tendonitis to a tendon deep within the buttock, and he gave her a cortisone injection. [...]

Yes, that is consistent with what I had. I can report that I am much better now, although I still feel some very low level discomfort. I am able to run and to cycle, as well as walk normally.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse