Author Topic: Camp sites near Perpignan  (Read 2121 times)

Camp sites near Perpignan
« on: 16 March, 2016, 10:06:19 pm »
Does anyone have any recommendations? I'll be solo, with bike. Maybe 3-4 nights, early June.

Re: Camp sites near Perpignan
« Reply #1 on: 17 March, 2016, 12:43:34 pm »
Last time I camped near Perpignan this was my favourite...

(It's a short day's walk south from Prades.) Sorry if that wasn't really what you had in mind  ;)

« Reply #2 on: 17 March, 2016, 02:16:01 pm »
 :)

Did you get free wifi though?

« Reply #3 on: 17 March, 2016, 03:24:04 pm »
I was a penniless student oaf, and at the time (1992 ish) free wifi wasn't as common as it is now :)
(the site at Prades was nice too, but as I say it was a while ago)

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2016, 11:35:37 am »
Thanks Steph, I'll check that out.

« Reply #6 on: 10 May, 2016, 08:32:27 pm »
Try Ceret. 

It's a charming little town not far from Perpignan with a number of camp sites and a good tourist office (or at least it was when I visited).  If you can off-road there are networks of pleasantly deserted tracks over the border into Spain nicely by-passing the not so pleasant main border crossings.   
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #7 on: 10 May, 2016, 09:14:11 pm »
Try Ceret. 

It's a charming little town not far from Perpignan with a number of camp sites and a good tourist office (or at least it was when I visited).  If you can off-road there are networks of pleasantly deserted tracks over the border into Spain nicely by-passing the not so pleasant main border crossings.
Thanks Asterix. Another time perhaps. I've changed my plans and decided to use hotels rather than carry camping gear. I'll only be in Perpignan for 24 hours or less, before meeting the Eurobike bus for the trip home and, as I've never been there, I wanted the chance to look around a bit, so I've gone for something central.

« Reply #8 on: 11 May, 2016, 09:18:47 am »
Ok! Wotevva ;D

We caught the bike bus in Perpignan - it's very cosmopolitan maybe due to the Spanish Civil war among other things.
Move Faster and Bake Things