Author Topic: Tour of Rheged  (Read 2438 times)

Tour of Rheged
« on: 04 September, 2017, 11:17:38 am »
This October 200km from Windermere is being run for the first time this year,  I intend to alternate it with the Brant & Slape 200km (which ran last year).  Please note that the BYO sleepy bag accommodation is only available for the Friday night.  Also note that the venue is NOT the same as my May rides.  In October we use the church hall in Windermere (NOT the school in Troutbeck Bridge).

You can see all the details of the ride on the AUK website.

A few entrants have also requested cards for the La'al Lakeland 100, so if you are thinking about coming up you might want to latch on to a group doing that on the Sunday if you can get somewhere to stay.  It's only a 100, but it's a real leg-breaker, so it has an extended time limit when done as a card perm.

Paul

Lee Killestein

Re: Tour of Rheged
« Reply #1 on: 04 September, 2017, 12:54:00 pm »
I'm in, Travelodge in Kendal booked. Three of us on for the La'al Lakeland 100k on the Sunday too. Hurrah!  :P

« Reply #2 on: 18 September, 2017, 10:23:11 am »
Just a week to go before closing date (25 Sept) http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/17-491/ only a fiver and splendid weather is almost sure to be had!  You can't beat The Lakes and Northern Pennines in their autumn glory with the bonus of being able to arrive on the Friday night too!  Most of the tourists have gone home now, so we've got the roads back to ourselves again  :)

Lee Killestein

« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2017, 01:35:33 pm »
Weather looks to have calmed down nicely for this one. That could change once the weather gods see me traveling up the M6 later!! Who else is in?

« Reply #4 on: 09 August, 2019, 06:38:26 pm »
HQ is going to be Witherslack Village Hall for Oct 2019.  It is about 10 mins off the M6 J36, south of Kendal.  I've just finished adapting the old route sheet and gpx file.  Saturday 5th October http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-491/.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #5 on: 30 August, 2019, 07:59:25 pm »
Booked into the Travelodge at Kendal, looks a bit of early morning faff with travelling the wrong way, parking at the petrol station over the road may work...
That said nowhere near as bad as when I stayed at Travellodge Todhills for a ride from Keswick... Had to cross the border to get back in the right direction...

Looking forward to another tough day out in the lakes and adjacent lands.

« Reply #6 on: 31 August, 2019, 02:08:58 pm »
Also note that there is an independent hostel about 12 miles away at Yealand old school. New owners are very positive about Audax and cyclists in general.

« Reply #7 on: 24 September, 2019, 09:39:18 pm »
Only 15 riders for this on 5 Oct 2019, so I will take a few late entries to use up the basic 20 cards.  First come, first served - so get in touch if you want to test yourself around the N Pennines and Lakes.  HQ is Witherslack, which is about 10 mins from J36 of the M6 along the A590.

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #8 on: 06 October, 2019, 11:05:52 am »
Many Thanks to Organiser Paul .
Rode this one yesterday for the 1st time. Haven't been over Yadd Moss since LEL, it was better this time around as it wasn't dark, wet & windy. cracking' views from the top.

Due to more biscuits than KM's this year I found myself riding round close to time limits & still had a really superb ride around some stunning scenery -  Howgills, Lakeland fells & Cumbrian mountains  -  that was until it started lashing it down & blowing a gale as I neared the start of Kirkstone Pass -  Character building for sure, but my official year off from Auditing is now over & the Chocolate Digestives rationed henceforth.
A superb Route  -  great start venue & helpful organiser .    Brilliant day out. Thanks
Fatter Riders Bounce Better :-) !