Author Topic: Failed April Fools trick  (Read 2306 times)

Failed April Fools trick
« on: 02 April, 2008, 03:23:10 pm »
Last night, I had to be at work for a public meeting, at which I had do yet another dread powerpoint presentation. (They're overrated, but otoh they do serve the purpose of giving people something else to look at while you're talking.)

As I was finishing up, I remembered that it was 4/1, and thought I should drop something into one of the images. For some reason, it occurred to me that a blimp would be a funny thing to use, and clearly not real or part of the meat of the presentation.

So I dropped a tiny version of Mrs Coulter's airship from The Golden Compass into one of the pictures. But I think I made it too small, since nobody even noticed. Ah, well. But it's very tempting to try again, at least in cases where there's nobody who can be hurt or angered by it.

edited the title to avoid confusion in nations with backwards date formatting  ;)
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Re: Failed April Fools trick
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »
Very good!

Took me a while to work out what "4/1" meant though   ;)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2008, 03:42:07 pm »
Took me a while to work out what "4/1" meant though   ;)

5.00 in decimal odds (400 in American "Moneyline" odds)

Took me a while to spot the blimp (I love that word) even though I knew it was in the picture somewhere!
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3 on: 02 April, 2008, 03:53:10 pm »

edited the title to avoid confusion in nations with backwards date formatting  ;)

curious that the revised thread title doesn't reach down-thread

« Reply #4 on: 02 April, 2008, 03:56:39 pm »
curious that the revised thread title doesn't reach down-thread

The subject of your message is taken from the message you reply to. Scott changed his after bobb had replied to it. I replied to bobb's message.

I think ACF had a custom SMF mod installed that made the subject change in all existing replies when the thread starter changed the subject. (I've updated it in this post).

I'll have a mooch around the SMF mod list and let Dez know which one it was...(assuming they want that functionality here).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."