Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 880107 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3550 on: 15 March, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
Blimey.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3551 on: 16 March, 2019, 11:01:51 am »
I believe that nice Mr Yaxley-Lemon was planning an Australian speaking tour.  I wonder who he was meeting over there & who his target audience was ?   :sick:

He was meeting mugs who'd coughed up somewhere north of five hundred quid for the Access All Areas ticket.  And then The Man wouldn't let him in.  And they wouldn't let Adolf Hipster in either.  And the Victoria police have a few questions, and a large bill, for Milo Flobbadopoulos.  So he's not going either.  And the fash are getting all tearful because they've paid up front and haven't had their money back.

(Points; laughs)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3554 on: 16 March, 2019, 01:50:55 pm »
Bit of a bogan, isn't he?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #3555 on: 16 March, 2019, 08:28:50 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3556 on: 17 March, 2019, 04:43:13 pm »
Eggboy is being encouraged to repeat his performance inna-vegan-stylee.  Using a brick.

« Reply #3557 on: 18 March, 2019, 06:28:24 pm »
That hideous carrion eater Hopkins again, who is apparently live tweeting from Utrecht about todays shooting. 

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3558 on: 18 March, 2019, 11:27:42 pm »
I am prudish and squeamish.

I refuse to taint my mind or computer by looking at anything from that specimen.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3559 on: 20 March, 2019, 06:25:29 am »
Not so much Trump Jr, whom you'd expect to be a twat, but the Torygraph for giving him airtime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47634365
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Formerly Known As

• The Legend Lives On
« Reply #3560 on: 20 March, 2019, 07:52:39 am »
Chris Grayling - everything he touches turns to sheet.

Alastair Stewart - he used to front those Death Kill Road Slaughter Murder Police Chase programmes, shaking his head in dismay and telling us what a bunch of tools we are, yet he himself is a 2 times convicted drink driver.

David Lammy - he seems to have lost his edge since Motorhead broke up.

ian

« Reply #3561 on: 20 March, 2019, 09:53:10 am »
Not so much Trump Jr, whom you'd expect to be a twat, but the Torygraph for giving him airtime.

It's actually a rather shocking article, full of right-wing tropes about the 'deep state operatives' and the 'global elite.' He's more nuts than a squirrel put in charge of the KP production line.

Mind you, an entitled bazillionaire attacking the 'global elite' should be amusing. These people have all the self-reflective capabilities of a vampire in a dark room with the lights off.

citoyen

« Reply #3562 on: 20 March, 2019, 10:11:12 am »
I have managed to find myself on the Telegraph's mailing list - probably due to making the mistake of registering with them so I could read an article - so I regularly get emails from them with links to their leaders.

One of their recent leaders was a piece arguing that a no-deal Brexit was the best option for Britain. It appeared to be serious, not satirical.

I used to have respect for the Telegraph as a paper that despite its political leanings was a source of quality journalism. My mother-in-law, a one-time member of the British Communist Party, used to read the Telegraph to inform herself what the other side were thinking (one of very few people I've known who don't treat their choice of daily newspaper as an echo chamber for their prejudices).

Strangely, the decline seems to coincide more or less exactly with the takeover by the Barclays.

ian

« Reply #3563 on: 20 March, 2019, 10:26:42 am »
I actually like reading varying opinions (even if it makes me swear occasionally) – I'm genuinely curious about, say, the arguments for a no-deal Brexit being a good thing (they do share one thing: they're awful and leave me scratching my head). I'm minded that everyone should do this. OK, I might draw the line at the Daily Mail, just a glance at the headlines makes my eyeballs feel dirty.

But I think that piece cross the line, firstly because I'm not sure why Donald Trump Jr's opinions have any weight other than he's related to the current President of the USA, and secondly it's a clear dog whistle of right-wing tropes that could have easily been published on InfoWars or similar.

They may as well have asked a squirrel for its opinion. It would have been just as informative. Mmm, nuts, said the squirrel.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3564 on: 20 March, 2019, 12:03:50 pm »

It's actually a rather shocking article, full of right-wing tropes about the 'deep state operatives' and the 'global elite.' He's more nuts than a squirrel put in charge of the KP production line.

Mind you, an entitled bazillionaire attacking the 'global elite' should be amusing. These people have all the self-reflective capabilities of a vampire in a dark room with the lights off.

I am SO stealing that ;D

« Reply #3565 on: 22 March, 2019, 12:29:32 am »
https://t.co/xeW0quW2M7    Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said he made sure all his nine children were exposed to chickenpox and caught the disease instead of giving them a vaccine.

I'd say this chap qualifies for the award.  Shades of John Selwyn-Gummer feeding his daughter a BSE burger.

« Reply #3566 on: 22 March, 2019, 12:45:02 am »
The anti-vaxxer movement is essentially biological warfare by other means - instead of catapulting dead cows over city walls or dropping cluster bombs filled with infected insects or bacteria/viruses, it's using the internet and human stupidity.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #3567 on: 22 March, 2019, 06:19:49 am »
Im gonna have to point out most people here aren't vaccinated against chicken pox and plenty of parents seek out children with the pox so their kids get it.

You can also get it twice. I like many others didn't know that till my youngest got it for the second time

citoyen

« Reply #3568 on: 22 March, 2019, 06:36:55 am »
Im gonna have to point out most people here aren't vaccinated against chicken pox and plenty of parents seek out children with the pox so their kids get it.

There used to be chicken pox parties when my boy was little - do people still have those? He had the MMR jab but I don’t recall there being a chicken pox vaccine.

He managed to catch it anyway when he was 3.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3569 on: 22 March, 2019, 07:18:50 am »

You can also get it twice. I like many others didn't know that till my youngest got it for the second time

You are correct.  Chicken pox is not one of the routine vaccinations in the UK, as it is considered a minor illness in children.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

ian

« Reply #3570 on: 22 March, 2019, 09:38:13 am »
Some places (the US, for instance) vaccinate against chicken pox. Chicken pox during childhood is mostly a mild illness, hence the parties. Less so when you're older (or pregnant), when there's a higher risk of complications (I got it during university, I mostly remember it being annoying, it's not a phase of your life where you want to be sitting around in your grungy student digs nursing your scabs). And then there are shingles. Also scars etc. tend to be worse if you get when you're adult. I'm not sure where the evidence stands on the overall benefits of inoculation, as always there's a balance of risks.

(Once you are infected with the virus you stay infected forever, you don't catch it again, you just become symptomatic.)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3571 on: 22 March, 2019, 02:14:29 pm »
Chicken pox is seldom a problem in healthy kids aged 1-15.
Leukaemia and its treatment are another matter.
It can be lethal in pregnancy and chickenpox pneumonia is serious.

The virus stays dormant in the body after primary infection and kicks folks when they are down with shingles.
Shingles can be painful and threatens the sight if it affects the eye.

Shingles vaccine is offered to people in their 70s - no more, no less.

Formerly Known As

• The Legend Lives On
« Reply #3572 on: 22 March, 2019, 10:10:51 pm »
There is no chicken in chicken pox.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3573 on: 25 March, 2019, 06:32:31 am »
Boris Johnson, again.  He doesn't half write some shite.  He must fancy himself as a sort of Poundland Churchill.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3574 on: 25 March, 2019, 09:55:01 am »
Caroline Farrow. Again.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i