Author Topic: Dunwich Dynamo, 1st July 2023.  (Read 19232 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Dunwich Dynamo, 1st July 2023.
« Reply #150 on: 04 July, 2023, 07:02:08 pm »

I decided to take that selfie at Gosbeck after some guy with dreadlocks came up to me and said "You're the coolest dude on this ride. You know that?" That's where I was sitting when you and the spaniel were getting food.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #151 on: 11 July, 2023, 03:44:58 pm »
I thought I would miss getting the gang back together this year, but from the sounds of things the reality of the modern ride just wouldn't hold a torch (or a dynamo) to my memories of the Dun Run at its best. It does make me want to resurrect the Dumb Run, but I doubt I could persuade many folk to come north for a completely unsupported bimble from Dumbarton to St Andrews.

Even if Grangemouth is utterly spectacular at night, in a Bladerunner kind of way.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #152 on: 12 July, 2023, 06:18:31 am »
I thought I would miss getting the gang back together this year, but from the sounds of things the reality of the modern ride just wouldn't hold a torch (or a dynamo) to my memories of the Dun Run at its best. It does make me want to resurrect the Dumb Run, but I doubt I could persuade many folk to come north for a completely unsupported bimble from Dumbarton to St Andrews.

Even if Grangemouth is utterly spectacular at night, in a Bladerunner kind of way.

Sam

That actually sounds pretty interesting, could be done by train easily enough, and could offer some semblance of a tour back down through/to Edinburgh and trains the other side. And yes, Grangemouth is a real sight at night, though I'd rather it be doing something else these days.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens