Author Topic: Insurance windscreen problem  (Read 932 times)

Insurance windscreen problem
« on: 28 November, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »
Some years ago, we think now 2008 our A class windscreen was replaced under the glass policy. we no longer have any paperwork relating to this event.

The current insurers are refusing to deal with the problem we have now as they say the screen was fitted so badly the insurer at the time of the replacement should take responsibility.

None of the brokers or insurance companies we have phoned so far can assist citing lack of information. In this day and age we cannot believe that a paid out claim of some £1200 has left no footprint anywhere.

Unless we can nail the glass people and the insurers we are left with a screen which is delamating, is chipped so the glass people will not risk removing it and putting it back in properly lest it breaks, and if that happens our current insurers will not take the cost. The engineer who looked at it last week had called it appalling! It involves a length of half inch rope no less.

Who can we contact to gain access to a data base?

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Re: Insurance windscreen problem
« Reply #1 on: 28 November, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »
Data Protection Act subject access request.  If they don't have the data then you can probably complain and cite your current insurer's refusal to pay and insist they pay up as they can't provide this info...?

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #2 on: 28 November, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »
Who fitted it, take it up with them to remove and replace.

« Reply #3 on: 29 November, 2013, 09:58:42 am »
Possibly the issues are not that clear.

The company that fitted it is no longer trading. We have no info on the previous insurers as my beloved loves shredding.

PH

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #4 on: 06 December, 2013, 05:07:47 pm »
Possibly the issues are not that clear.

The company that fitted it is no longer trading. We have no info on the previous insurers as my beloved loves shredding.

PH

You have the same vehicle and have periodically renewed insurances on same.
You are unlikey to have wandered up to Fred with a suitcase of cash each period end...ask your shekel holders for your statements of account covering the weeks around periodic N, N-1, N-2...
Look for an appropriate amount/line item.
(Ask your shekel holders to) identify appropriate recipient from receiving account[1] in extremis, although hopefully textual description should give you the clue you want
Walk process forward from thereon...

[1] Most likely to be a business - don't take any crap over DPA/identification of personal data.

[edit]
>We have no info on the previous insurers...
Try shortcutting above by querying the MIB for your VIN at past date - http://www.mib.org.uk/Customer+Services/en/UK+Information+Centre/default.htm; you may get lucky if they hold history...
[/edit]
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #5 on: 06 December, 2013, 07:32:00 pm »
Well it took three days of listening to "mood music" but we have traced the insurer and they are pondering the situation. I am going to chase them up on Monday as we need the vehicle in January for our holidays.

For info Autowindscreens who are live and kicking are not the same Autowindscreens who went bust in 2009. New owners with no past records they claim! I hae ma doots ya ken?

PH