Author Topic: The pet-specific rant/grumble thread  (Read 6065 times)

ian

Re: The pet-specific rant/grumble thread
« Reply #25 on: 16 November, 2017, 09:49:10 am »
Little Monster Cat usually comes sit on the bed at an unholy hour. Which would be fine if not for the spontaneous purring. And she purrs with all the volume of an about to overheat powertool. This goes on for about 15 minutes before she gives up. If you don't studiously ignore her, any interaction will reset the clock. Pushing her off the bed resets the clock. Rather annoying. The only plus is that it drowns out the owl in the garden. It's the hootiest owl ever. And it lives outside our bedroom window.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 16 November, 2017, 11:59:38 am »
Overeat or overheat???

'Our' feral Monster Tom meows much more than the other feral pussies. He also allows more handling.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #27 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:16:48 pm »
I wish Pete would stick to early morning purring. I can sleep through that. A smack in the face tends to wake me though.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

ian

« Reply #28 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:45:15 pm »
She will try the paw-in-the-face tactic, but we hide. So she lies there and purr-purr-purr. It's the loudest purr ever. Because she very, very rarely miaows*, I assume she saves up all the noise.

Bad Cat, on the other hand, miaows constantly. She can't do anything without a chorus of high volume miaows. It's no wonder she can't catch anything, she's not exactly good at sneaking up. It's a bit curious that despite growing up together, one is very vocal and the other is the opposite.

*the only real time she miaows is when she's caught something, usually a sock or other item of clothing.

« Reply #29 on: 16 November, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
Annie greyhound collie sounds quite well behaved, apart from spending the autumn learning how to kill hedgehogs - an interesting and challenging addition to the usual fate of grey squirrels and bunnies - plus she's developed a level of confidence that means she thinks nothing of going hunting for 30 or 40 minutes while Mrs S waits in the field for her return. Feral b*gger

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: 16 November, 2017, 09:34:25 pm »
Pumpkin sits on my pillow and purrs at breakfast time, and often a good hour before. Sometimes when she's really keen she licks my eyelids. 
Ugh.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

essexian

« Reply #31 on: 17 November, 2017, 12:15:24 pm »
Is it just me or does any other "multi cat" households have problems with "Cat Flap Wars"?

During the summer months, we tend to leave the cat flap open to make the flow of moggies seamless.... yes, most of the strays have found that there is always food in our house so often we find an unattached furry having a late supper. However, in the winter, to keep the heat in, we close it up resulting in the aforementioned "Cat Flap Wars"

To explain further, this is where one cat, normally Jamise, Lord Raynor or Pixie sits inside the house and blocks the flap meaning no-one can come in. Three times last night I had to get up to move one of the terrible three out of the way so one of our other cats could come in.

As you can guess, its quite irritating!

ian

« Reply #32 on: 13 December, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »
Bad Cat sat my on my knee earlier. Then I noticed the faint and unpleasant aroma.

Wiping isn't a skill they have.

So, yes, more laundry, and I had to (for the first and hopefully last time in life) wipe a cat's arse. I expected to lose an arm, but rather worryingly she seemed to enjoy having her rear end scrubbed with a wet kitchen towel. Which just made the entire thing so many degrees worse.

« Reply #33 on: 16 December, 2017, 05:29:35 pm »
Its still not as bad as assisting dogs with grass that's sticking out of their bottoms. Why do they like eating the stuff so much, they aren't ruminants and cant digest it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #34 on: 16 December, 2017, 06:03:09 pm »
We had a cat that ate rubber bands.

Every now and then the rubber gloves had to be deployed to remove the attached string of sausages. (Once the cat had been caught...)
It is simpler than it looks.