Author Topic: Recording the Adventure Show HGWI 1200 episode?  (Read 1379 times)

Recording the Adventure Show HGWI 1200 episode?
« on: 06 January, 2015, 05:57:10 pm »
This may be the wrong board for this, so apologies if so and mods feel free to move it but.........

I’ve watched and enjoyed The Adventure Show episode on the HGWI 1200. It has only a couple of days to go before it will be lost from the BBC website and it occurs to me that someone who’s not a digital dunce like me may well know of a means of recording it to a desktop computer hard drive so it can be retained and watched again at leisure in the future. (This is assuming there’s no insurmountable issues regarding copyright, etc. I guess?)

Any advice as to how I might achieve this would be appreciated.

Re: Recording the Adventure Show HGWI 1200 episode?
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2015, 05:59:40 pm »
Some of the Adventure Show progs have turned up youtube.

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:05:37 pm »
Can't find this one, and anyway with my flakey broadband, I'd prefer to have it offline if possible.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:13:48 pm »
I believe you'd be violating the copyright. (Althought this MAY be ok if you do not distrubute it,  show publicy, etc ...) There are certainly "ways",  technically.

However,  its a moot point ;  The Adventure Show hasn't covered any 1200km events.

:P
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:26:51 pm »
Yup, definitely copyright infringement - although civil, rather than criminal, so...

From a purely educational and theoretical perspective, I believe there are other threads in the Ctrl-Alt-Del board which discuss get_iplayer.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:31:52 pm »
It is interesting that Sky+ recordings of BBC progs don't get wiped after 30 days. Are their copyright restrictions more equal than others?
It is simpler than it looks.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:37:54 pm »
It is interesting that Sky+ recordings of BBC progs don't get wiped after 30 days. Are their copyright restrictions more equal than others?
Interesting question. Equally,  If I lived in scotland I could have taped it straight to VHS, never to be deleted!

Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2015, 07:12:03 pm »

"more equal than others" is a good description, I think, because copyright law is an area which has catastrophically failed to keep pace with modern technology. The reason different rules apply for iPlayer is that it isn't a broadcast, so the time-shifting exception in the legislation doesn't apply. Your "licence" to access content on iPlayer is the T&Cs you agreed to, and that says that the content expires at the time they decide.

(IANAL, etc.)

« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2015, 08:25:41 pm »
Yeah I did wonder when I posted whether I'd be wandering in like a lamb to slaughter! But hey, you can but ask!

Cycling Daddy

• "We shall have an adventure by and by," said Don Q
« Reply #9 on: 06 January, 2015, 09:16:14 pm »
I did not get into action quickly enough for this m but my University Library has the capacity r to capture all freeview series and then hold them indefinitely. 
Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #10 on: 06 January, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »
Get_iplayer

« Reply #11 on: 07 January, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »
Thanks for all the responses. Have used 'get_iPlayer' and after a couple of attempts and learning the ropes, I now have a recording to keep and view again at leisure.