Author Topic: What wouldn't you eat?  (Read 10955 times)

Re: What wouldn't you eat?
« Reply #25 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »
cold custard
bread sauce
bread pudding
 :sick:

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #26 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:05:58 pm »
I have a reputation as being someone who will eat almost anything, but I don't like capers very much, and I'm massively hoogely allergic to raw celery (which is a pity, because celery / apple / walnut salad was one of my favourite things, prior to the anaphylactic shock incident).

I'm not keen on milk by itself, don't like tomato juice, I won't eat McDonalds or similar, and the wafting scent of KFC and other fried rat shops makes me heave.  

« Reply #27 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:11:04 pm »
Anaphylactic shock from celerey - wow. And no tomato juice. I guess Bloody Marys are out then  :)

« Reply #28 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:15:48 pm »
Cucumber and dessicated coconut.

And when in China, preferably nothing still alive and definitely not if it actually is looking at you.
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

Zoidburg

« Reply #29 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:17:20 pm »
Pineapple.

Nothing "edible" should make your mouth bleed.

Try peeling it.
Enzyme.

Disolves the skin in your mouth.

« Reply #30 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:24:40 pm »
And when in China, preferably nothing still alive and definitely not if it actually is looking at you.

Is it a general aversion to eyes? Mrs Dan has that.
In Hong Kong I was interested to find that I could do the picking the fish still swimming in the tank thing OK.

« Reply #31 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:29:20 pm »
Tomates.

I'm fine with them as an ingredient (e.g. in bolognaise or curry) but completely fail to see the point of them on their own: raw or cooked. They're nasty little bags of seeds and vinegar.  :sick: 
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #32 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:29:43 pm »
Pineapple.

Try peeling it.
Enzyme.

Pineapple juice dissolves fingerprints.  I had a client who was used as forced labour on a pineapple plantation and he couldn't be fingerprinted on arrival, leading to enormous problems at the Home Office who thought he'd scoured them off.

Zoidburg

« Reply #33 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:31:16 pm »
Pineapple.

Try peeling it.
Enzyme.

Pineapple juice dissolves fingerprints.  I had a client who was used as forced labour on a pineapple plantation and he couldn't be fingerprinted on arrival, leading to enormous problems at the Home Office who thought he'd scoured them off.
Hmmmm...

Interesting.

*Scribbles in little book of stuff handy for evading detection*

robbo6

« Reply #34 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:38:19 pm »
Garlic, I like food to taste of food, not churchyard weeds.
Whelks, the only thing to make me hurl since leaving school.
Chilli pepper and its derivatives.

« Reply #35 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:40:59 pm »
Celery. Tis the devils food.
Rabbit.
Carnivores.
Herring.
Custard.
Beans that aren't green.
Mushy peas.
Bisto or any other fake gravy.
Perch.
Dates (prunes with hair inside)
Fake flavoured yoghurts.
Brown drinks.

« Reply #36 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:45:11 pm »
Brown drinks.

You don't like BEER? :o
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #37 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:46:05 pm »
 LatelyI have an increasing dislike of red meat
oysters & whelks

« Reply #38 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:47:57 pm »
Baked beans.
Tripe (in milk with onions type, a visual aversion as I've never tasted it)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #39 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »
There's no animal I wouldn't eat do to ethical reasons, however I do refuse to eat animals I think taste bad, mutton, lamb and goat etc.

On the list of bad (ethically that is) foods, I still eat shark's fin (cruel due to finning), black moss (bad do to increasing desertification) and foie gras (bad due to force feeding of animals).

About 300 ml of milk will turn my stomach into a time bomb (hooray for lactose intolerance). This makes certain milkshakes and ice creams quite dangerous. Still eat them though.

There's a strange line with buddhist monks that says you shouldn't kill, but if someone offers you meat when you're begging, you should eat it as otherwise it would be a waste.

LindaG

« Reply #40 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:54:46 pm »
I'm with bobb re mushy peas. They are the most revolting thing ever to fester in a tin. Stans evil stain after anal probing by the WSD!  :sick:

?? Women's specific design ?? ???

Zoidburg

« Reply #41 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:55:59 pm »
I'm with bobb re mushy peas. They are the most revolting thing ever to fester in a tin. Stans evil stain after anal probing by the WSD!  :sick:

?? Women's specific design ?? ???
You have PM.

LindaG

« Reply #42 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:02:26 pm »
I'm massively hoogely allergic to raw celery (which is a pity, because celery / apple / walnut salad was one of my favourite things, prior to the anaphylactic shock incident).

OT factoid:  loads of people are allergic to celery, which is why the hospital where I work is not allowed to use celery in stock or sauces, which is (one of the reasons) why hospital food is so bland.  The holy trinity of stock:  onions, carrots, celery.

If I was a guest in someone's home I don't think I would refuse to eat anything.  Ever.  Unless it was on my plate and wriggling a-la-bush tucker trials.

And rotten mouldy things.  I never eat them.

« Reply #43 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:11:11 pm »
I think the only food I wouldn't eat because I don't its flavour is coriander.

I don't like chillis either, although very mild chilli is OK.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #44 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:24:45 pm »
Yes. Celery. Bleurgh.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #45 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:26:18 pm »
Anything with gluten in - well, that's a fairly comprehensive list for a start.

Otherwise,
prawns  :sick:
avocado
chillis
shellfish
strong cheese.
Oh, and no way will I ever tripe  :sick: :sick:  My mum used to cook it up for the dogs when she had kennels.  :sick: :sick: :sick:

But I absolutely love pineapple (it's my favourite fruit, along with apples) am very fond of tomatoes, mackerel, custard, raisins, nuts .....

Rapples

« Reply #46 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:28:58 pm »
Fox

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #47 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »
If I was a guest in someone's home I don't think I would refuse to eat anything.  Ever.  Unless it was on my plate and wriggling a-la-bush tucker trials.

"You call this gagh fresh? Its barely moving."

I saw that episode of Hawaii 5-0. Book him, Danno!

« Reply #48 on: 30 March, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »

If I was a guest in someone's home I don't think I would refuse to eat anything.  Ever. 

My sister-in-law had me round to dinner, not long after the D.I.V... and served mixed bean casserole (celery was an ingredient) followed by date pudding and custard. I think it was accidental... and yes, I ate it...  :sick:

If I'm eating out I'll send plates of salads back if I see the slightest sliver of celery. So I've probably eaten a lot of restaurant spit then...

Legs

« Reply #49 on: 30 March, 2010, 08:16:50 pm »
The only things I'll not eat are bits of gristle that I can't actually chew into small enough pieces to swallow.  I'd also politely decline durian (or ais kachang) if offered it again.