Author Topic: 3rd party inkjet cartridges - any good?  (Read 959 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
3rd party inkjet cartridges - any good?
« on: 08 March, 2010, 04:14:27 pm »
I resent spending 2/3rds of what I payed for the printer on a couple of ink cartridges, not to mention the wasteful aspect of all that plastic being thrown away every time.  I recently got a flyer for these people in a newspaper. Anybody used them?

Re: 3rd party inkjet cartridges - any good?
« Reply #1 on: 08 March, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »
I have used Jettec cartridges for years and they are fine for general use. If you are photo printing it's a different matter.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #2 on: 08 March, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »
I have used different third party cartridges on two different printers in recent years.  Both printers have gone on to fail from clogged heads/jets or whatever they are delivering one of the coloured inks.  One was a Canon, the other an Epson.   Much as I resent paying the price of the real thing, I believe from experience that it's worth it.

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2010, 04:24:35 pm »
I refill mine.

The important thing is to print a page each week and this stops the print heads from clogging.

I do replace the cartridges after about 10 refills so overall cost is very small.
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2010, 04:25:10 pm »
I refill my own. Quick and simple, with an equivalent price of about 80p a cartridge.

As discussed here:

http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27188.msg489983#msg489983

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #5 on: 08 March, 2010, 04:45:31 pm »
... after a long and bitter struggle with useless inkjet cartridges (both OEM and 3rd party) I made a modest investment in an HP colour laser ...... fantastic!   

I have to confess it is ONLY used for colour printing, I have another black-only HP laser for mono printing.

I reckon the cost of wasted cartridges and the time buggering about with them has been repaid many-fold with the colour laser ... and printed OS maps are as good as the real thing!!

Rob