Author Topic: 123-REG - quick heads up  (Read 872 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
123-REG - quick heads up
« on: 03 October, 2012, 09:07:13 pm »
123-REG the domain regsitrar has today (without notice) changed their renewal process to take payment for automatic domain renewal 7 days earlier than they used to (that's a BIG cashflow advantage!)

BUT they have also, it appears, reset all "manual renewal" domains to be "automatic renewal" ....

It's an issue for me as I have some short-term domains for specific projects and events that I let expire .. or at least want to decide on renewal.

If anyone uses 123-REG you have been warned.  Usual 123-REG sharp practice  :hand:

Rob

ed_o_brain

Re: 123-REG - quick heads up
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2012, 11:39:57 am »
Thank you for the headsup :)

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »
Just checked mine and all the ones I had set to manual are still set to manual.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 04 October, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »
Just checked mine and all the ones I had set to manual are still set to manual.

Interestingly I asked them why mine had been changed to Auto and, well I never, they replied and said they were all Manual again ... I may not have been alone in asking the question?

« Reply #4 on: 08 October, 2012, 09:49:04 am »
Hello,

I work here at 123-reg.

We have changed the timing that domain name renewal payments are taken, however we have given notice on all domain name renewal reminders which have been sent out for the last 60 days to ensure our customers were aware of the changes.

There were no changes made with regards to the renewal settings for domain names.  If anyone has had any difficulties with this I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Regards,
Nerys