Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210250 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1000 on: 03 August, 2018, 08:54:48 pm »
coolth

:thumbsup:  Added to my vocabulary.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

essexian

« Reply #1001 on: 06 August, 2018, 11:50:50 am »
Getting their escape tunnels ready..... all four of them are off to the vets this afternoon for their yearly check up.  :facepalm: One of our late cats Pootle once broke the locked cat flap off the door in his effort to get out and away from me....  :hand:

I am not sure who hates it the most, the cats or CBH who seems to get as stressed as they do....perhaps she should go in a cat carrier also? 

ian

« Reply #1002 on: 06 August, 2018, 11:56:51 am »
Bad Cat get escape through a locked cat flap, she somehow gets a claw behind it and manages to bend the door and pop it over the catch. She normally can't do it quickly enough though...

I mentioned that LMC pooped on the vet last time. I'm still smiling. I might do that the next time I visit my GP.

essexian

« Reply #1003 on: 06 August, 2018, 03:36:37 pm »
Sigh...Pixie escaped and went and hid on next doors roof so she has been rebooked for Friday.... the vet was not surprised.  We were also not surprised that Elma and Posie need some dental work, while Jamise did a poo in the cat carrier AGAIN. Sigh.

Nevermind, apart from Pixie, that's their general check up over until next year.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1004 on: 06 August, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »
Leaving dead rodents in house and garden.
Getting picky about food we offer.

« Reply #1005 on: 06 August, 2018, 08:26:54 pm »
Spending 16+ hours a day under our bed. And she got out the locked cat flap last night too, bu5 it was only locked one way, I think locking both the in and out latches should defeat her. That and a waste bin and a chair in front of it!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1006 on: 08 August, 2018, 02:38:09 am »
As the furballs are in a forin country, they seem to be scratching alot so suspect fleas.

Kittens were treated with something from a supermarket that was supposed to be for mosquitos. I didn't get involved, my way of trying to move on.  Now there seems to be another flea product has been purchased from supermarket.  Could use of the two products injure/cause the cats illness.

They are not eating or drinking as they seem to hide all the time in dark and inaccessible places.

Tonight had 15 phone calls as the cats had escaped from the house, through a open front door, and she (the cats owner, something I need to come to terms with) wasn't quick enough or had enough fore thought to close the door.  Feel sorry for the furballs but what can I do, not mine.

ian

« Reply #1007 on: 08 August, 2018, 09:54:11 am »
Supermarket flea killer doesn't work. You need to the proper stuff (like Advance) from the vets (which will also, and very importantly, kill other parasites like heartworm).

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1008 on: 08 August, 2018, 10:58:39 pm »
As the furballs are in a forin country, they seem to be scratching alot so suspect fleas.

Kittens were treated with something from a supermarket that was supposed to be for mosquitos. I didn't get involved, my way of trying to move on.  Now there seems to be another flea product has been purchased from supermarket.  Could use of the two products injure/cause the cats illness.

The mosquito killer could poison the cats. Flea treatment for dogs is toxic for cats.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #1009 on: 09 August, 2018, 12:50:37 pm »
Supermarket flea killer doesn't work. You need to the proper stuff (like Advance) from the vets (which will also, and very importantly, kill other parasites like heartworm).

that's right, cat's have to have the proper flea stuff, under purscription from the vet ;)

After several weeks of outside life, deigning to turn up for food, the change in temperature and precipitation has resulted in ours presenting herself indoors.

ian

« Reply #1010 on: 09 August, 2018, 01:06:04 pm »
Throwing up on the bed, as I've discovered. Nice as it was a naked bed. Oh well, that's what mattress protectors are for. Into the washing machine it goes. I'd like to shove Bad Cat in there with it.

It's a sad corollary of pet ownership that you can recognise your furry charges by their vomit.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1011 on: 09 August, 2018, 01:57:51 pm »
Having an 'indoors' day, due to the rain.
Both resting: Blackie on the hall carpet, Big Tom on the brown chair.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1012 on: 10 August, 2018, 12:03:42 am »
Blackie just ran in, followed immediately by Big Tom. Dashed through kitchen into hall.
Started playing with Dead Rodent.
Rodent was probably juvenile rat.

essexian

« Reply #1013 on: 10 August, 2018, 11:08:01 am »
Pixie is hiding under the car planning evil retaliation for me taking her to the vets.... :demon:

It seems that picking her up when she is asleep and stuffing her into a cat carrier is not good form! Strangely, when at the vets we had to turn the box vertical to get her out.

The vet was impressed how fit she looked and thought she was 3, rather than 8. However, at 5.1kg, she does need to lose some weight....what's that....put her on a diet.....hahahahahahahaha.

Well that's done for the year thankfully. 

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1014 on: 10 August, 2018, 01:28:28 pm »
Cats were hungry and getting under my feet while I was making breakfast.
Finished all the food that was left out.
Then devoured two Whiskas pouches.

Blackie vomited all her breakfast, neatly onto a plastic-backed doormat which is machine washable.

ian

« Reply #1015 on: 10 August, 2018, 01:43:58 pm »
If only my cats were so considerate. If our downstairs flooring wasn't already 'distressed wood' it would be by now. As for the carpets I'm so glad we paid extra for the stain-guard. They're like little vomit monkeys.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1016 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:34:41 pm »
This is the first time I've known Blackie to puke.
She didn't seem ill and has gone out.

Methinks she bolted her food down too quickly - didn't seem chewed to me.

This kitchen is the only hard-floored room in the house.

Mat is now on rinse part of machine cycle.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1017 on: 10 August, 2018, 11:18:59 pm »
Bad Cat get escape through a locked cat flap, she somehow gets a claw behind it and manages to bend the door and pop it over the catch. She normally can't do it quickly enough though...

I mentioned that LMC pooped on the vet last time. I'm still smiling. I might do that the next time I visit my GP.

You need to write those stories up.

Love both those furry bad/monster kitties.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1018 on: 10 August, 2018, 11:25:13 pm »
Both the furry monsters are using me as pillow.  I have been attacked a few times as I moved slightly or coughed...not complaining just very amused in the way that they are resting their heads on me.  Girl furball has been playing with my feet and trying to get a paw between random toes.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1019 on: 13 August, 2018, 11:50:59 am »

that's right, cat's have to have the proper flea stuff, under purscription from the vet ;)

After several weeks of outside life, deigning to turn up for food, the change in temperature and precipitation has resulted in ours presenting herself indoors.

Ah you are both wrong, along with the vets and me, you can buy from a supermarket.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1020 on: 13 August, 2018, 11:55:48 am »
I bought the supermarket version of Frontline for my dog and she got fleas. It is not the same product inside. The effective stuff is only from a vet, even if the name is largely the same.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

ian

« Reply #1021 on: 13 August, 2018, 12:10:59 pm »
The prescription Advocate/Frontline isn't just for fleas, it's a combo treatment for all kinds of parasites (which is why it requires a prescription, it's a different set of medications to the OTC version). As mentioned elsewhere, flea treatments for dogs shouldn't be used for cats, the active ingredient is toxic to cats (most things are toxic to cats, like most obligate carnivores, their livers are busy breaking down proteins so tend to metabolise toxins and drugs at a slower rate).

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1022 on: 13 August, 2018, 12:12:51 pm »
Keeping my feet warm

« Reply #1023 on: 23 August, 2018, 12:26:26 pm »
Most likely sleeping under our bed. Being a cat she can manage at least 10 hours a day there.  When she's not sleeping or eating she's decimating the local vole population. We've had four in the last five days left in the kitchen or outside the back door  :-\
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #1024 on: 23 August, 2018, 08:39:25 pm »
Thomas the Visiting Cat (here for his holibobs) is obsessed with standing in the sink.