Author Topic: Simon Richardson MBE run over by van  (Read 6557 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Simon Richardson MBE run over by van
« Reply #25 on: 30 August, 2012, 02:29:26 pm »
We have laws that sometimes don't serve justice particularly well

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #26 on: 30 August, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »
More here from the BBC.

Mr Richardson, who this week lit the cauldron outside Cardiff's City Hall to mark the arrival of the Paralympic flame, and took part in the torch relay in London, said: "I am happy in a way with the sentence.

"I would have been happy whatever sentence he got - even if he walked free.

"At the end of the day, it was just an accident and he did not deliberately set out to knock me down.

"But it is important that a precedent has been set - that not only should a person be charged with excess alcohol but it also qualifies as dangerous driving.

"I hope this incident shows the need for drivers to be more aware of cyclists on the road."

What a stark contrast between two specimens of homo sapiens.

« Reply #27 on: 30 August, 2012, 03:45:09 pm »
The response of Simon Richardson is quite stunning.  He definitely is not prepared to be a victim.  Best of luck to him in his recovery and training for 2016!  :)

fuzzy

« Reply #28 on: 30 August, 2012, 04:51:04 pm »
More here from the BBC.

Mr Richardson, who this week lit the cauldron outside Cardiff's City Hall to mark the arrival of the Paralympic flame, and took part in the torch relay in London, said: "I am happy in a way with the sentence.

"I would have been happy whatever sentence he got - even if he walked free.

"At the end of the day, it was just an accident and he did not deliberately set out to knock me down.

"But it is important that a precedent has been set - that not only should a person be charged with excess alcohol but it also qualifies as dangerous driving.

"I hope this incident shows the need for drivers to be more aware of cyclists on the road."

What a stark contrast between two specimens of homo sapiens.

A lot of people could learn a hell of a lot from Simon Richardson.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #29 on: 26 September, 2012, 06:53:15 pm »
Insurers of driver who badly injured Paralympic cycling champion Simon Richardson refuse to pay for operation - road.cc

Seems pretty shitty of the insurance company, but it doesn't surprise me, the money-grabbing miserly bastards.