Author Topic: Attempted overtake  (Read 3000 times)

Attempted overtake
« on: 02 April, 2008, 11:10:43 am »
Nice!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_yKQfC4_Do&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/G_yKQfC4_Do&rel=1</a>
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Attempted overtake
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2008, 11:27:49 am »
Hard to see exactly what happened, but you seemed to sort it out.
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2008, 11:41:44 am »
Nothing too exciting, he just tried to overtake, then aggressively beeped and pulled rude signs at me after I made a stopping motion.  (click the "more" bit on the video description at top right to get the full text).
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: 02 April, 2008, 06:11:57 pm »
Looks like my commute out of Luton. I get attempted overtakes and actual homicidal overtakes every bloody day.

Had a learner driver brush my sleeve with her wing mirror (great teaching there, BSM  ::-))

Had buses so close that if I moved my elbow out I could touch the side.

Lorries, taxis, vans, cars, you name it. Lost count of the number times the overtake has been so bloody stupid that a car coming the other way has had to brake/swerve/flash its lights.

Why? Why are they so fucking desperate to overtake? It must save them, ooh, several seconds from their journey...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2008, 11:22:57 pm »
I have on occasion stopped on the passenger side of learner cars to discuss with the instructor what they were teaching about other road users.

On one occasion, I discovered that it was the instructor driving.  >:(
Getting there...

« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2008, 11:55:32 pm »
I had a car pull out of a side road in front of me tonight.  I sat in his boot and made a "WTF?" gesture.

As soon as we got to a queue (0.15 mile) I overtook then nearly took his front corner off cutting back in.  I could have overtaken a few more cars, but decided not to.

The traffic started moving and he sat behind me.  For quite a distance.  Once the road ahead was clear he overtook, with lots of space ;D

Later, he popped out of one rat run ahead of me, but as I thought he'd got away I hadn't kept the pace up, so there was ample room.