Author Topic: Le 1000 du Sud  (Read 12181 times)

Billy Weir

Re: Le 1000 du Sud
« Reply #50 on: 15 September, 2011, 08:46:23 am »
Love your signature Iddu.  Very apt  8)

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #51 on: 15 September, 2011, 10:53:09 am »
C1: 11:20. Natives friendly - have exchanged tokens. Pesky Northerly.
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #52 on: 15 September, 2011, 04:08:20 pm »
C2: 17:00. Hot! DO NOT WANT. Bring on the evening. Happydance: 18K of harpins & spinnydowness :-D

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #53 on: 16 September, 2011, 11:37:31 am »
YOU STUPID PRICK - less brain cells than an ameoba... so gonna get the piss ripped :$

Jean-Louis

• In eurozone (protectorate of France...)
« Reply #54 on: 16 September, 2011, 11:44:03 am »
Where are you, Iddu ?

« Reply #55 on: 16 September, 2011, 11:48:21 am »
YOU STUPID PRICK - less brain cells than an ameoba... so gonna get the piss ripped :$

Seriously off route?
Overslept?
Missed a control?
No 15mm spanner?
Left something at a previous control?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #56 on: 16 September, 2011, 11:59:20 am »
C4: 02:00 unhappydance:28km climb up the Ardeche, with 17 false summits. Goats laid across road at top, giving 'come hither' looks - or it could just be Hummers in a fur coat, given state of mind :-D

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #57 on: 16 September, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »
Feck - DNF :-( Ardeche messed with my mindset, so the "dogs of despair" slipped in & I turned round 15k from sleep stop:-S Being a prick (#3) doesn't help :facepalm:

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #58 on: 16 September, 2011, 12:22:03 pm »
Oh noes!

Have some grub and a beer, and a nap.

Then tell us all about it!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #59 on: 02 August, 2012, 03:29:49 pm »
I am riding this years edition. I met RE on the douze cents and he is riding for a second year running. Any other takers?

Also met sophie and she said 'the routes better this year........its harder'.

Can't wait.

Oh and I'm riding the raid pyreneean un supported as a warm up the week before. Few days rest in the south of france. Plenty of cheese to aid recovery.

« Reply #60 on: 02 August, 2012, 04:20:30 pm »
I am riding this years edition. I met RE on the douze cents and he is riding for a second year running. Any other takers?

Also met sophie and she said 'the routes better this year........its harder'.

Can't wait.

Oh and I'm riding the raid pyreneean un supported as a warm up the week before. Few days rest in the south of france. Plenty of cheese to aid recovery.
Is cheese your recommended protein recovery substance?

And- chapeau on the douze cents. You aiming for an SR of 1000km+ rides or something??
 :)

« Reply #61 on: 02 August, 2012, 09:58:02 pm »
Cheese is the key.

I think I might have to be content with attempting the 1000k+ hatrick. Just not enough time to even consider another long one. Would be a nice thing to do though........

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #62 on: 16 March, 2019, 09:30:48 pm »
Have just signed up for the 2019 version, which spends a lot of time in Italy, before climbing back over the Lombarde and the Bonette.  The 100hr time limit offers possibility for B&B accommodation each night, so will opt for 7am start on 3rd September and have tentatively booked Verrandi 272km, Robilante 543km, Chorges 755km with the aim of finishing about 9pm on 6th.  Had a taster of the scenery watching Paris-Nice on TV today - as they climbed the Col de Turini (which looked brilliant).  This will be my PBP substitute for the year and very much looking forward to mountains.  Sophie has picked some very steep hills so gearing will be interesting, tempted to take the blue Roberts with its triple chainring with the Nelson Longflap to carry my belongings as I can't imagine its every particularly warm at 2800m on the Bonette.

Not sure how I will be getting there at the moment - almost certainly driving - not sure if I'll take the tunnel or a Portsmouth leHavre ferry.  Can probably fit a second bike in the back if anyone else decides to give this a go. 
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #63 on: 17 March, 2019, 08:45:35 am »
Can I express a strong interest Colin? Having the logistics done for me makes this an even-more appealing ride  ;D Handily, a September-shaped hole has also opened up in my diary.

(and I have always promised to do it ... )

Looks an intresting route this year:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xxP89lfiyIAuyv8jKgSbff_D6A3-fnhH

Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #64 on: 17 March, 2019, 08:47:02 am »
Webby trivia:

Google cannot translate "enchaƮnerons "
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #65 on: 17 March, 2019, 02:28:54 pm »
Can I express a strong interest Colin? Having the logistics done for me makes this an even-more appealing ride  ;D Handily, a September-shaped hole has also opened up in my diary.

(and I have always promised to do it ... )

Looks an intresting route this year:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xxP89lfiyIAuyv8jKgSbff_D6A3-fnhH

Sadly offer has already been taken.  But I will keep you posted in case plans change.  I've also swapped the Robilante hotel for a 'd Laurisio one at 520km as the Robilante hotel closed check-in at 8pm sharp.  I'd probably make it but I'm doing this to enjoy some of the most beautiful roads on the planet, hand picked by someone who knows them well, rather than putting myself under time pressure.  Looking forward to the cafe doppios on the Italian section already.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #66 on: 17 March, 2019, 03:03:16 pm »
but I'm doing this to enjoy some of the most beautiful roads on the planet, hand picked by someone who knows them well,

Looking forward to the cafe doppios on the Italian section already.
Yes alright, no need to rub it in!!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------