Author Topic: Where do permanent Events start from and go - can you help?  (Read 36199 times)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Where do permanent Events start from and go - can you help?
« Reply #175 on: 03 October, 2018, 12:59:58 pm »
Anyone noticed that Crossgates on the Kingdom Come 400 is in the wrong place?

Ok that's just bizzare; the most likely confusion with Crossgates in Fife is between Crossgates the village and the Crossgate in Cupar; but no it's picked up the set of houses in Pitlessie called Crossgates; fairly sure there won't be any controls at that unless someone buys a house there and is happy to stamp cards on demand!

I'd originally had to force that one to map to fife as there are other Crossgates in the world!

At least it wasn't Windygates.

Cannae fix it from here though.

I'll fix it once this tedious conference call is done.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #176 on: 03 October, 2018, 01:04:09 pm »

Ok that's just bizzare; the most likely confusion with Crossgates in Fife is between Crossgates the village and the Crossgate in Cupar; but no it's picked up the set of houses in Pitlessie called Crossgates; fairly sure there won't be any controls at that unless someone buys a house there and is happy to stamp cards on demand!

I'd originally had to force that one to map to fife as there are other Crossgates in the world!

Ta, I can't easily do it from work.

Phil W

« Reply #177 on: 03 October, 2018, 01:06:26 pm »
DM05 Phil
JPE01 Phil
JPE02 Phil
JT01 Phil
LJ02 Phil
MH04 Phil
MM03 Phil
MW09 Phil
MW19 Phil
MW20 Phil
MW23  Phil
NA05  Phil
NH02  Phil
NH03  Phil
NH04  Phil
PH02  Phil
PH05  Phil
PL03  Phil

Done

Phil W

« Reply #178 on: 03 October, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »
Working on

SB02
SP22
SP32
SP37
SP45
SSH07
SSH10
SSN02
SSN03
SSN04
WPO01
WPO03

« Reply #179 on: 03 October, 2018, 02:00:17 pm »
Have already done SP32
SP22 wrong'un is 'Moreton'

Feanor

« Reply #180 on: 03 October, 2018, 02:11:02 pm »

Ta, I can't easily do it from work.

Done.

Phil W

« Reply #181 on: 03 October, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »
Working on

SB02
SP22
SP32
SP37
SP45
SSH07
SSH10
SSN02
SSN03
SSN04
WPO01
WPO03

Done

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #182 on: 03 October, 2018, 03:04:19 pm »
Something appears to have gone wrong with the latest update.

I don't remember Eskdalemuir being near Hull. (Ride TH02), but TH01 is all over the place as well.

Feanor

« Reply #183 on: 03 October, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »
Something appears to have gone wrong with the latest update.

I don't remember Eskdalemuir being near Hull. (Ride TH02), but TH01 is all over the place as well.

Hmm, that one looks OK here.

Phil W

« Reply #184 on: 03 October, 2018, 03:20:27 pm »
Just corrected vlookups and refreshed data from updated copy.  Someone had overtyped some of the the VLOOKUP formulas in the Google Sheet that do all the fancy lat , lon lookups. All good again and latest copy just backed up.

Phil W

« Reply #185 on: 03 October, 2018, 03:34:40 pm »
Another interesting looking one.

I may be lost in here a few days.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #186 on: 03 October, 2018, 03:40:32 pm »
Just corrected vlookups and refreshed data from updated copy.  Someone had overtyped some of the the VLOOKUP formulas in the Google Sheet that do all the fancy lat , lon lookups. All good again and latest copy just backed up.

Cleared my cache and it all looks good now.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #187 on: 03 October, 2018, 04:45:17 pm »

hm I probably should have put cell level protection on them;
Sorting can also mess the list up if you only tell it to sort the column and not the expanded range.

Phil W

« Reply #188 on: 03 October, 2018, 04:50:15 pm »
Right, since it is my worksheet, I have applied protection to that column. Least I think I have.

« Reply #189 on: 03 October, 2018, 06:06:32 pm »
For those of us who are not computer literate what is the best way to flag mistakes.  Would an email to a new address with route and control name be best?  Could Phil generate an email?  could there be a button on the website to flag a control in the wrong place?

Monyash peak 100km Comb set to Combs, Kent not Combs derbyshire 53.3051° N, 1.9370° W

Exex-buzzard 600km  Chandlers ford appears to be in derbyshire  not the south correct lat/long 50.9840° N, 1.3793° W

Chris

U.N.Dulates

• aka John Hamilton
« Reply #190 on: 03 October, 2018, 06:06:50 pm »
Just reviewed all my perms and made corrections as necessary. A few other errors beyond the 4 listed earlier - mostly missing controls.

Phil W

« Reply #191 on: 03 October, 2018, 06:13:37 pm »
For those of us who are not computer literate what is the best way to flag mistakes.  Would an email to a new address with route and control name be best?  Could Phil generate an email?  could there be a button on the website to flag a control in the wrong place?

Monyash peak 100km Comb set to Combs, Kent not Combs derbyshire 53.3051° N, 1.9370° W

Exex-buzzard 600km  Chandlers ford appears to be in derbyshire  not the south correct lat/long 50.9840° N, 1.3793° W

Chris

Chris i have created a Google form. It will go round the organisers first to get their input on what we have done for their routes.  Then I will offer up a similar form for corrections linked from each event detail page.

Phil W

« Reply #192 on: 03 October, 2018, 06:15:16 pm »
Just reviewed all my perms and made corrections as necessary. A few other errors beyond the 4 listed earlier - mostly missing controls.

Thanks I will do another refresh of the map data (to pick up your updates) in the morning.

« Reply #193 on: 03 October, 2018, 07:31:24 pm »
excellent.

Now Phil, if you could just crowdsource a new aukweb database and front end :)

Phil W

« Reply #194 on: 04 October, 2018, 02:47:08 pm »
I have now locked the perm data spreadsheet.

I have emailed all organisers who have an email address on their perm pages to ask if they will review our work and either

1. Indicate all is fine and they would like their events on the mapping
2. Send their corrections (online form) and they would like their events on the mapping
3. They do not want their events on the mapping.

The mapping is still live but will not be promoted till sufficent time has passed for perm organisers to respond and updates made as necessary.

Thanks to all those who have contributed towards the perm controls data collection so far.

Phil W

« Reply #195 on: 04 October, 2018, 06:54:21 pm »
If anyone still wants edit access let me know. Just did not want further edits to be discarded when Organiser corrections comes in.

The link to the map with latest data (as of today) is here

https://long-distance.rocks/auk/map/perms

« Reply #196 on: 04 October, 2018, 07:59:37 pm »
Mine all look fine except you've transposed the titles or routes of my two 100s (IH06; IH07).  I've responded via your form.

« Reply #197 on: 04 October, 2018, 08:23:01 pm »
My Snow Roads (AP01) is fine, now that the third control is where it should be, in Rhynie and not somewhere in north Wales.

Aye, that'll be Rhyll!

Big thanks to Phil W for taking on this thankless task.  IYSWIM  :-\

Phil W

« Reply #198 on: 04 October, 2018, 08:47:07 pm »
Ah, well it couldn't have been done without those who have contributed big chunks of data or time geocoding / checking. I just kicked the process off and setup a means of doing it collaboratively. Plus built the mapping to show it.

Will respond to form updates and mark your event route outlines as signed off when next at a PC. Cannot action the results (easily) on my iPad here. Apparently my iPad is too old!

There are certainly a few perms I have on my list to do now.

« Reply #199 on: 04 October, 2018, 10:24:05 pm »
Mine all look fine except you've transposed the titles or routes of my two 100s (IH06; IH07).  I've responded via your form.
My mistake, Ian, during the data input.
Phil - I have corrected those (IH06 and IH07) and also sent DHU08 to Michael Wood Services.