Author Topic: Mines is bigger that yours!  (Read 1014 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Mines is bigger that yours!
« on: 16 January, 2011, 10:20:25 pm »
Unfortunately it's only my spleen I'm referring to :-[. I've had slightly abnormal blood for the last couple of years so the GP sent me for an ultrasound. Everything looked normal except my spleen, which was 18cm long v. the maximum normal of 13cm.

I feel fine, I'm not as fit as I'd like to be but I'm probably as fit as I deserve to be, given how much I eat and how many hours a week I spend at work. Should I be worrying about this, or will it just join the abnormal blood as something to get checked once a year and otherwise ignored?
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Mines is bigger that yours!
« Reply #1 on: 16 January, 2011, 10:30:21 pm »
I've seen plenty of spleen on here. ;)  Hope you keep well.
Getting there...

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #2 on: 16 January, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »
My Dad had his removed about 40 years ago and it hasn't seemed to effect him too much.  Hope this isn't you just building a back story for your Nippy Sweetie performance :D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 16 January, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »
A malfunctioning spleen can gobble up red blood cells, leaving the victim anaemic.

If you have your spleen removed, make sure you get Pneumovax and always tell any doctor who sees you that you don't have a spleen. You might have to take penicillin for a long time. People who don't have a spleen are usually well but can be susceptible to overwheming infection from bugs that most would be able to fight off to some extent.