Author Topic: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists  (Read 369385 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists
« Reply #125 on: 18 May, 2010, 07:49:56 pm »
The other day "Turn your ffing light off"

I had the rear Dinotte on in a winding, tree covered section of road.  ???
It is simpler than it looks.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #126 on: 19 May, 2010, 06:32:30 am »
Yesterday I had " call that a racer?, this is a racer", from a spotty youth on a Gas piper.  Fair play to him though, he kept up for a good twenty metres.

« Reply #127 on: 19 May, 2010, 07:31:46 am »
I had some oik draw up alongside me in a beat up old Mercedes last night and shout something incomprehensible. A second look showed that it was a colleague. It was still incomprehensible though.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #128 on: 19 May, 2010, 07:59:46 am »
I had some oik draw up alongside me in a beat up old Mercedes last night and shout something incomprehensible. A second look showed that it was a colleague. It was still incomprehensible though.

I had a similar but reversed situation a few months ago.

Silly bint in Saab driving along whilst on her mobile phone.  I shout a few choice words at her.

I arrive at work to find out she's one of the directors...  :-\

I recount this to my boss. 

Shortly afterwards, a reminder goes out to all staff reminding them that driving whilst using a handheld mobile phone is an offence and, if you are in a work car or using a work mobile, it would constitute gross misconduct.

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #129 on: 19 May, 2010, 08:06:34 am »

I had a similar but reversed situation a few months ago.

Silly bint in Saab driving along whilst on her mobile phone.  I shout a few choice words at her.

I arrive at work to find out she's one of the directors...  :-\

I recount this to my boss. 

Shortly afterwards, a reminder goes out to all staff reminding them that driving whilst using a handheld mobile phone is an offence and, if you are in a work car or using a work mobile, it would constitute gross misconduct.

;D
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #130 on: 19 May, 2010, 08:35:08 am »
Although I always have my MP3 player set so that I can hear background noise and I've found just the right headphones so that this works, when drivers get a bit closer and notice the brightly coloured wires, people often assume that I'm deaf to their shouts.

Yesterday morning on the way to work, I had the usual moron tailgating me through the narrow bits and revving her engine because she couldn't get past.  I just ignored her and carried on.  When we stopped at the lights, she opened her window and shouted, "Don't ride in the middle of the road - read the fucking highway code!"

Although I'd heard her quite clearly, I made sure that whilst ignoring her, I visibly tapped my foot and nodded my head to the rather splendid bluegrass album I was listening to.

It's times like this when I regret that having a rear view mirror would spoil my fixie cool  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #131 on: 19 May, 2010, 09:24:48 am »
"Don't ride in the middle of the road - read the fucking highway code!"

Isn't that the latest DfT advertising slogan?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #132 on: 19 May, 2010, 09:36:09 am »
The other morning I had a quite attractive woman pull alongside me and ask me where I was going.
When I asked why she replied "I could follow your arse all day love!"
The lights changed and she let me pull away first...

Made my day!

« Reply #133 on: 19 May, 2010, 09:48:06 am »
The other morning I had a quite attractive woman pull alongside me and ask me where I was going.

Made my day!

It's not a bad set of buns at all Alex!  Even compares reasonably to some of the skaters.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Regulator

« Reply #134 on: 19 May, 2010, 09:49:20 am »

Made my day!

It's not a bad set of buns at all Alex!  Even compares reasonably to some of the skaters.

I couldn't possibly comment without closer inspection.   ;D

Thread.... useless... pictures etc.  

Green Party Councillor

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #135 on: 19 May, 2010, 09:56:26 am »
Yesterday morning on the way to work, I had the usual moron tailgating me through the narrow bits and revving her engine because she couldn't get past.  I just ignored her and carried on.  When we stopped at the lights, she opened her window and shouted, "Don't ride in the middle of the road - read the fucking highway code!"
It's at times like this that I'd just love to have a copy of the highway code velcro'd to the bars, that I could then just toss in through the open window.  Ensuring that it falls open at the page with the picture of the car giving 6 feet or more to the cyclist.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #136 on: 19 May, 2010, 10:01:57 am »
Me too.  The temptation to have them in the back pocket for posting through open windows is very strong.
Getting there...

« Reply #137 on: 19 May, 2010, 12:31:37 pm »
Why the assumption that these people can read?
Move Faster and Bake Things

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #138 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:35:44 pm »
I had a fat hairy bloke shout "How much for a blow job?" at me while I was panting my way up a hill once.

I didn't know if he was enquiring after the price I would charge to service him, or asking how much I wanted to pay for him to supply me. To be honest looking at the state of them neither was a very attractive proposition.

Thankfully he left before I could disappoint him.

Regulator

« Reply #139 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:38:45 pm »
I had a fat hairy bloke shout "How much for a blow job?" at me while I was panting my way up a hill once.

I didn't know if he was enquiring after the price I would charge to service him, or asking how much I wanted to pay for him to supply me. To be honest looking at the state of them neither was a very attractive proposition.

Thankfully he left before I could disappoint him.

Sorry - I didn't realise it was you...  :-[

;D

Green Party Councillor

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #140 on: 19 May, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »
Hulver, are you still concerned about Reg suffering homo-bullying on this forum?

;D

That's a little unfair.  Sorry, I realise you're just joshing  ;D

Hulver's post sparked off an interesting discussion IMO.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #141 on: 19 May, 2010, 05:16:04 pm »
I'm still perplexed by this one:

Riding down a stretch of cyclepath adjacent to a main road, a monobrow in a builders van yells  "Why don't you ride on the road you queer cunt!"

Pretty much the only bit of abuse Ive noticed in years
Makes a change from the usual I get from bus and taxi drivers to "get on the fucking cycle path".

« Reply #142 on: 14 June, 2010, 04:25:45 pm »
My housemate (not of this parish) was cycling to work last week,  and a colleague shouted at her, "Get off and milk it!"

Later that day she tracked him down to confirm that was exactly what he had said, and why..  Apparently it is "what you should shout at cyclists"..
We can't understand why you would shout something you didn't understand, rather than a simple "hello $realname".

So anyone got any ideas?
The best suggestion I have found so far is that it is a reference to the milk race..

The best witty retort is the slightly wordy:  I hope you don't want to be a vet when you grow up.
Just someone's butler

« Reply #143 on: 14 June, 2010, 04:30:25 pm »
I've had that shouted at me once by a small child in the passenger seat of a car on a school run.  I was amused, as I hadn't heard it in many years.  At the next traffic jam I told the child and its parent how much I had enjoyed hearing this one again, and cycled off.

I think it is what posh horse-riding types would say when they passed a peasant riding something more lowly, suggesting that the animal that the peasant was riding was not really suitable for riding.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #144 on: 14 June, 2010, 05:09:50 pm »
I love hearing the old ones like that that have been around since I was a kid.
I'm hoping for a "Oi mate.  Your back wheel is going round"  again soon.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #145 on: 14 June, 2010, 05:21:36 pm »
"Get off and milk it!"

So anyone got any ideas?

answer = "it doesn't have tits....YER TIT"

« Reply #146 on: 14 June, 2010, 05:26:40 pm »
"Get off and milk it!"

I've said that to a couple of scooterists before.  And to some car drivers, except then it's get out and milk it.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

2_Flat_Erics

• 2 Flat Eric's
« Reply #147 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:40:29 pm »
"Oi mate.  Your back wheel is going round" 

We had that one a few weeks back .... oh how i larfed.
Never argue with an idot....
They just bring you down to their level
then win on experience.

2 Flat Erics You Tube Channel

« Reply #148 on: 14 June, 2010, 08:00:44 pm »
I love hearing the old ones like that that have been around since I was a kid.
I'm hoping for a "Oi mate.  Your back wheel is going round"  again soon.

Got that on the last FNRTTC in the Erith area. I was tempted to stop to ask for the name of the lady's scriptwriter.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

kevinp

« Reply #149 on: 20 June, 2010, 09:23:24 am »
I was shouted at three times yesterday, first time by a car coming the other way ! I think he was offering to give me a wank by his hand gestures and what he shouted ... but I was going uphill at the time and didn't really want to stop. Second was by two idots at a bus stop who shouted at me and when I looked over they seemed to be asking me if I was on a hunt, not sure what to say about them and the third was by a car over taking me, he got so close I could have signed his car if I had a pen, and again some sort of abuse from the passenger.
Its a strange sociality that abuses people because of the transport they use.