Author Topic: Post Dun Run Fun  (Read 1372 times)

Post Dun Run Fun
« on: 27 July, 2010, 06:37:29 pm »
I got up late, lazed around and wasn't on the road until 10:30.  I ambled back to Dunwich through quiet lanes to the Minsmere reserve, one part of the route was through tunnels of trees, which reminded me of a scaled down version of the California Redwoods.  Fish and chips at the cafe, then the heavens opened, so a pint in The Ship.

I then made a Big Mistake and let the GPS navigate me onto a bridlepath going to Walberswick. The first part was easy, a rough track that the Nomad handled with aplomb.  Then, It Got Worse.  The path narrowed and became a ribbon of claggy, yellow mud.   The mudguards filled up, the wheels wouldn't turn properly and I had to drag the bike for over a mile with my feet slipping as well until I got back to reasonable ground. At Walberswick the rain began again, torrential, with thunder. This was actually a Good Thing as it washed some of the clag off the bike though. I still had to scrape thick mud off the tyres and rims though.

Little ferry across to the pretty village of Southwold, where I bought some cheese and very nommy home made Hummus from Nutters deli....

A few more easy miles with intermittent showersand I'm now ensconced at a camping/fishing place near the wonderfully named Cuckold's Green. 
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Re: Post Dun Run Fun
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2010, 08:29:28 am »
Arse, I've left my glasses and waterbottles at the Saximundham campsite .  the lady has found them, I'll send a jiffy bag for them when I get home.

Through Beccles and up to Reedham Ferry via little back roads. Sunny so far, chilli, rice and beer for lunch.  Press on via lanes through (Ernst Stavro) Blofield
GPS leads me astray again, down a narrow lane to the River Bure, there is a pub on the other side called The Ferry, but no way across!   Carry on through Wroxham and then more lanes  to a campsite near Wroxham Barns.  As I park the bike a lady bustles up and tells me that it's a members only site. She seemed quite disappointed by my CCC membership card.....

Tent up and the first shower since Saturday morning before I got the train to London....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Re: Post Dun Run Fun
« Reply #2 on: 29 July, 2010, 01:03:50 pm »

...... and the first shower since Saturday morning before I got the train to London....

Maybe that's why she was hoping to move you on  ;)