Author Topic: London to Brighton GPS route wanted  (Read 1504 times)

London to Brighton GPS route wanted
« on: 04 February, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »
I'm planning to bring my bike to London next month and at some point ride to Brighton. Rather than reinvent the wheel can someone either send me or point me to somewhere to download a GPS route, perhaps one of those used by the many charity rides. I want to get through London on (hopefully) quiet roads rather than the A23 and also go over Ditchling Beacon, to see what all the fuss about.

Many thanks.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

Re: London to Brighton GPS route wanted
« Reply #2 on: 04 February, 2015, 06:04:07 pm »
It doesn't start in central London nor goes over Ditchling beacon but I guess I can modify it. Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2015, 05:51:31 pm »
Below is a link to my Strava GPX file from last year's BHF London to Brighton ride from Clapham Common to Maderia Drive via Ditchling Beacon. After Ditchling Beacon continue on Ditchling Road for a better route into Brighton than the BHF route via Coldean Lane.

2014 BHF London to Brighton Route GPX file

« Reply #4 on: 24 February, 2015, 07:39:58 pm »
Spot on, thanks.

Martin

« Reply #5 on: 30 March, 2015, 03:55:54 pm »
I'd recommend the original route after Ardingly; quiet lanes instead of busy Haywards Heath to Ditchling, on any other day than that of the actual event.

The Ditchling Devil Audax uses the entire original route after Morden except it also adds Streat Lane and avoids Ditchling (village not Beacon)

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2893983