Author Topic: Marshallling TTs  (Read 5652 times)

rob

Re: Marshallling TTs
« Reply #25 on: 14 June, 2017, 01:57:32 pm »
Comp record is a bit over 3:20 (https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/129).   Richard Bideau rode the first ever sub 3:20 as you mention but it was subsequently struck off as the course was found to be short.   (Don't bring this up near Karla as he's still upset about it).

:'(

There's a fair chance the record will be back on the right side of 3:18:54 after this Sunday, as Adam Duggleby is riding the fast ECCA event and the weather forecast for Cambridge says warm with 5 mph wind. Richard Bideau is also riding but as top seed he's off last, so there's a fair chance he'll re-break his own record but arrive to find it's been updated a few minutes beforehand.

Sunday looks potentially fast.   Good luck.   

Richard dropped out of the 12hr last weekend around 7hrs so was probably saving himself.   I'm sort of regretting not entering but then I try to ride up a hill and can still feel the ache in my legs.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #26 on: 14 June, 2017, 02:12:10 pm »
My training's really dropped off over the last few weeks so I'm already making up excuses - as you can see.  Still, I'll be disappointed if I don't knock a chunk off last year's national time.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #27 on: 14 June, 2017, 02:33:19 pm »
Just had a look at the ECCA course. Yes, I can see why that might be faster than the KCA course!

Good luck this weekend, Karla.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #28 on: 14 June, 2017, 02:41:56 pm »
Thanks.

Richard dropped out of the 12hr last weekend around 7hrs so was probably saving himself.   I'm sort of regretting not entering but then I try to ride up a hill and can still feel the ache in my legs.

He must really want it in that case - he was on comp record pace wasn't he?

rob

« Reply #29 on: 14 June, 2017, 03:01:44 pm »
Thanks.

He must really want it in that case - he was on comp record pace wasn't he?

Everybody was quick for the first few hours but then the wind got up and a couple of contenders climbed off.   I think the conditions can be summed up by the winning distance :-

2015 - 316
2016 - 311
2017 - 300.5

rob

« Reply #30 on: 14 June, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »
Just had a look at the ECCA course. Yes, I can see why that might be faster than the KCA course!

Very fast bit of road.   Better at 4pm on a Saturday than 5am on a Sunday, though.