Author Topic: Folding pedal alternatives  (Read 3070 times)

Folding pedal alternatives
« on: 15 May, 2023, 10:33:44 pm »
I lent my Brompton to a good friend - who then returned it with a broken rear mudguard and a clicky RHS folding pedal.

Anyway, a new mudguard ordered and received, but before I replace the pedal (It was on its way out anyway and had been making a racket for at least the past 5 years) are there any alternative folding pedals that are worth looking at?

I'm not especially interested in removable pedals - I know that some people are.

Thanks,

GC

Re: Folding pedal alternatives
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2023, 10:49:36 pm »
I recently looked at this. I considered the MKS FD7 but when you look at it, they stick out so much when folded you might as well not bother. I wasn’t able to find any better alternatives.

I had a brief trial of normal flat pedals which were good when riding but I found that I missed a removable or folding pedal on the LHS - much easier to carry, for me, and fits better in the space I have for it in the hallway.

So I went back to removable. Having a pedal holder makes a big difference to the practicality.

Why do you want a folding pedal for the RHS?

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2023, 11:54:07 pm »
I don't want a folding pedal on the RHS... I was looking at the bike from the front - oops!

« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2023, 08:21:21 am »
Ah! In that case, I have a standard Brompton folding LHS pedal - in black - going spare (at a reasonable price yet to be decided) if you would like it.

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2023, 09:34:13 am »
let me know where your based and what you feel is a reasonable - but yet to be decided - price.

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2023, 06:04:28 pm »
I recently looked at this. I considered the MKS FD7 but when you look at it, they stick out so much when folded you might as well not bother. I wasn’t able to find any better alternatives.
As it happens, I have just put an FD7 on the right of my Brompton. The stock ones are utter rubbish (the bearings keep going), and I had an FD7 lying around. I don't need it to fold of course, just to work as a pedal!

The folding left pedals are much better. I've had no issues with mine.

« Reply #6 on: 20 May, 2023, 10:50:41 am »
THANK YOU SERGEANT PLUCK!

GC

« Reply #7 on: 20 May, 2023, 06:30:08 pm »
 :thumbsup: