Author Topic: Kingdom Come 400km - Crossgates, 21.00, Fri 29th July 2011 - CANCELLED  (Read 16828 times)

Back from my summer hols....

I thought that I'd put my name down for this, but see that my name's not on the list.  Looking at the list, I'm sure that I'll be at the coo's tail, but that's OK.

I may be that "grumpy audaxer in Braemar", I've been grumpy in a great many towns in Scotland during my audax "career".

Z

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'

I may be that "grumpy audaxer in Braemar", I've been grumpy in a great many towns in Scotland during my audax "career".

Z

It's audaxers, plural, so I think it's me too :D

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
Roll call. Who is riding?

Bianchi Boy
Pingu
Tinez
IanR
Valkyrie
Captain Zep

Any others?
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
Me

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
Sorry missed at least one off

Bianchi Boy
Pingu
Tinez
IanR
Valkyrie
Captain Zep
MercuryKev

By the looks of this I will have more company than any Audax I have done this year!  :thumbsup:
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Me too!

Sorry to let you down but I am going to drop out of this. I've been overdoing things a bit recently and I need to save my knees for PBP.

I hope you all have a really enjoyable ride, and I look forward to reading about it afterwards.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
At the starters gate

Bianchi Boy
Pingu
Tinez
Valkyrie
Captain Zep
MercuryKev
Bodach

Any other takers?

recumbentim

• Only 6 SR,s No hyper yet
Any body got an E mail Address for the Organiser they could PM me for this event???

Sent you a PM xtim

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
I presume it goes vaguely near Dundee. If you let me know an approximate time and route I might be tempted to venture out with the camera.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Nice of you to offer Dave but I think we'll be going through Coupar Angus about 1am and hit Forfar about 2am on Saturday morning. :-\
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

Maverick

• One of the rural idle
    • Twoberries
Nice of you to offer Dave but I think we'll be going through Coupar Angus about 1am and hit Forfar about 2am on Saturday morning. :-\

As you will be passing about 30 metres from my front door in Coupar Angus I am willing to make a rare opening of the Cafe Chez Maverick between 1am and 2am to provide coffee and snacks if the riders would appreciate it.

recumbentim

• Only 6 SR,s No hyper yet
Maverick and I did this 400 on Saturday evening and Sunday form Coupar Angus start. It was hard with a steady north wind which slowed us to Braemar. It was cold in the dark hours so we had a wee stop for a few hours and regrouped for the second loop. It was very plesant on Sunday mid day and I did a bit of visitihg in the afternoon on the way back.
 Now done this with 8am and 4pm start for home , think I will try a 3am start next time. Good luck next weekend .

valkyrie

• West Lothian Clarion
As you will be passing about 30 metres from my front door in Coupar Angus I am willing to make a rare opening of the Cafe Chez Maverick between 1am and 2am to provide coffee and snacks if the riders would appreciate it.

A very generous offer - I'm sure that at that time of night I'd love to get off the bike for a quick cup of coffee! :thumbsup:

As this is my last night ride before PBP it'd help my training if you could create a PBP style ambience. Nothing over the top, maybe just a few accordian players and a small beer tent would suffice. Then a one hour queue for the coffee ;)

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'

A very generous offer - I'm sure that at that time of night I'd love to get off the bike for a quick cup of coffee! :thumbsup:

As this is my last night ride before PBP it'd help my training if you could create a PBP style ambience. Nothing over the top, maybe just a few accordian players and a small beer tent would suffice. Then a one hour queue for the coffee ;)

Maverick a most welcome offer, if you can PM your address I can programme my gps accordingly.  Thanks

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
I know where he lives  :demon: ;)

Thanks for the offer Maverick  :thumbsup: An audax Écosse is not complete without a secret control.

Maverick

• One of the rural idle
    • Twoberries

As this is my last night ride before PBP it'd help my training if you could create a PBP style ambience.
You're welcome, not sure about the beer tent and accordion players but with a little effort I can provide a smelly toilet and and a hosepipe shower in the garden ;D

Pingu knows the way (see above). But route instructions are, from 98.7 - R/bout 2nd exit (SP Forfar)
99.1km Turn Left (Larghan View) after 20metres Turn Right (Denhead Brae) - house at the top of the road with all the lights on.

Sorry MercuryKev but GPS won't help, the road isn't on any maps yet.

David Martin

Sorry MercuryKev but GPS won't help, the road isn't on any maps yet.
Open Street Map is your friend. (wait a wee while for the edits to upload)

David Martin

I might try for a night shot at Kinclaven Bridge. Probably around 12.30 or thereabouts...

I'm afraid I am pulling out of this one. Liz is under a lot of stress in the last few weeks of her present post and needs me at home. If the weather is good I will go out with the Clarion on the Saturday run. Good luck all and hope the weather is brilliant.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
Just finishing at work and will be travelling up tomorrow.

Could we please just confirm that start. It is the Kingdom services just off the A92 near junction 3 of the M90?

Don't want to miss the start and have on my own all night.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
That's the one. Don't forget your suncream.

valkyrie

• West Lothian Clarion
Remember to take Junction 3 - Dunfermline, not Junction 2A - Kirkcaldy which is a couple of hundred yards in front of it. If you take 2A you get a nice view of the back of the services as you drive past them.

Bairn Again

Right.  Been in France on holiday for the last 2 and a half weeks (*), drinking leffe and eating steak frites. 

Massively out of shape. 

Bike not been touched since the Mull of Kintyre 600.

Will make a definite decision on the perm tomorrow,  ;)

(*) This was the main reason for cancelling the calendar event, sorry if earlier posts appeared vague but I'm paranoid about making public in advance the fact that my house is empty.