Author Topic: legal question  (Read 2204 times)

gonzo

legal question
« on: 08 April, 2008, 12:19:05 pm »
My ISP (Orange) has just fixed my interenet connection after 4 months when it's not been working. Throughout this time they had told me that they would keep on charging me, but at the end, I could re-claim all the money I'd paid them. After eventually getting the internet connection back, they've told me that they aren't actually going to repay me, they just intend to give me 4 months credit on top of the 3 months because they repeatadely screwed up. This is usless as I'm moving out of the house in 3 months time.

I'm just about to write a letter telling them about how unhappy I am with their customer service and that I'd like a cheque for the 4 months I had paid for. Would the law be on my side in this case as I'm sure that they've done wrong to charge me for a service for 4 months which they've not provided?

Thanks in advance!

PS. don't use Orange, they're utterly useless.

Julian

• samoture
Re: legal question
« Reply #1 on: 08 April, 2008, 02:49:13 pm »
They were in breach of contract (failing to provide the service which you were paying for) so yes.  They've also agreed to refund you.  The only thing is whether that's in the form of credit or a cheque.  Good luck!

gonzo

« Reply #2 on: 08 April, 2008, 04:02:22 pm »
Thanks Liz :)

« Reply #3 on: 08 April, 2008, 05:15:10 pm »
Write to a national paper, copy to Orange. I'd favour the Independents "Spend&Save" supplement. They're used to complaints about Orange - well a French company with an Indian call centre! Oh yes - I have a combined mobile and internet deal with them, I'm terrified of changing!!!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #4 on: 08 April, 2008, 05:20:48 pm »
Well, if they don't play the game then write to any of the broadsheet consumer columnists.  They love this type of problem.  Relatively easy to get sorted and looks good for them in print.

Just tell them that you don't want 4 months credit, you want the cash please.