Author Topic: N+1 Brompton S2-LX (unboxing)  (Read 11244 times)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: N+1 Brompton S2-LX (unboxing)
« Reply #25 on: 15 October, 2010, 10:00:50 am »
^ Would it be worth you buying a new steel rear frame at £109 (from SJSC), Tom?  (Then trying to prevent corrosion somehow).
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #26 on: 15 October, 2010, 02:37:20 pm »
Would it be worth you buying a new steel rear frame at £109 (from SJSC), Tom?  (Then trying to prevent corrosion somehow).

Thanks, Biggsy, I didn't realise they were available over the net. Did look into this in '06 when i discovered the damage: LBS reckoned about £200 to replace (they would send the bike to the Brompton works). I declined - it's not safety critical and the bike had had a good life. I like the idea of having an (almost) expendable bike for the odd times I need a folder, coupled with the prospect of getting a snazzy titanium one if I should find myself regularly in need of a Brommie again

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #27 on: 15 October, 2010, 06:33:14 pm »
Replacing is a DIY job, but you get through a lot of 6.5mm drill bits.  If you need to do this, I can give you tips from bitter experience.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #28 on: 15 October, 2010, 09:00:27 pm »
I didn't get on with the new Brompton saddle at all. Rubbed me up in all the wrong places.  Why do they put seams in places like that?  Swapped it for a Rolls and have never looked back.  It also looks a bit classier, too, IMHO  ;D

Majorbloodnok

• its no good, we'll have to drink our way out of it
« Reply #29 on: 15 October, 2010, 10:52:06 pm »
What's it like to carry with the rolls? I find that due to the distance I carry that the saddle needs to be considered for comfort in the palm. My Brooks isn't best.