Author Topic: Out of date Pro Plus?  (Read 8053 times)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Out of date Pro Plus?
« on: 22 September, 2010, 10:17:28 pm »
I have a couple of boxes that are a year past the use-by date.  Is the caffeine in them still effective?  They've been stored at ordinary room temperature.

I've been taking them on bike rides - without noticing much of a boost to myself, if anything at all.  Of course, I don't know what I would have felt like otherwise.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Re: Out of date Pro Plus?
« Reply #1 on: 23 September, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »
Should be perfectly OK.About equivalent to a strong cup of tea.Unlikely to make measureable performance gain.Might stop you getting off to sleep if taken late in day.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2010, 07:36:07 pm »
They'll be safe. Caffeine's well behaved.

Incidentally the performance-enhancing doses are 4-6 mg/kg.  Each tab is 50mg.  Even I quail at the pile of pills you'd have to schromf to get that.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »
Thanks.

I've been taking them just in the hope of staving off general fatigue rather than as a performance enhancement as such.  I don't ride competitively, just wanted to elongate or enjoy my recreational rides a bit more.  It seems it takes more than a few pills to do that - at least the sort of pills I can get hold of! (on a regular basis).

« Reply #4 on: 24 September, 2010, 08:13:18 am »
The Incas used coca leaves for this purpose.I understand cocaine is cheap and easy to obtain in most areas.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #5 on: 24 September, 2010, 11:18:44 am »
I understand cocaine is cheap and easy to obtain in most areas.

I'd use a Camelback with a tube up my nose - if only there were no unwelcome side effects :D

« Reply #6 on: 24 September, 2010, 11:25:15 am »
The Incas used coca leaves for this purpose.I understand cocaine is cheap and easy to obtain in most areas.

Why, did they live in Southwark? I'm surprised