Author Topic: 'Holloway' the TV Series  (Read 1326 times)

'Holloway' the TV Series
« on: 25 March, 2009, 04:21:35 pm »
Has anyone else been watching the TV series on ITV about the prison?
I know some people play up to the camera, but one girl on there last night said something like
'I sometimes use weapons when I beat someone, but I like to use my fists, its more personal'  :o  :o  :(

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: 'Holloway' the TV Series
« Reply #1 on: 25 March, 2009, 04:52:54 pm »
Liz and I were watching that last night.  That girl was the spitting image of a young Kathy Burke, wasn't she?

It was all very sad, though.  Particularly the girl who self-harmed and didn't want to leave, but got kicked out and was drunk on vodka and re-arrested by nightfall.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2009, 05:16:12 pm »
Particularly the girl who self-harmed and didn't want to leave,

What was all that about. He picked her up in his car. I presume he must have known something about her background, then gave her six bottles of Becks and a bottle of vodka, FFS  >:(

I felt sorry for the girl who worked in the kitchen who got sent to Peterboro.

« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2009, 05:22:08 pm »
I thought it was quite sad myself.
These women weren't hardened uber-criminals - in fact, it looked like the jail was just a holding place as society doesn't have anywhere else to keep disruptive people like that.
Saddest comment was "This place is just like a children's home" - very probably from someone whe had recently left a home.

The other thought I had was that sadly most of these women were not brought up properly.
The woman who "kicked off" and smashed her television following being locked in her cell for swearing at a prison officer - it seemed to me that she didn't understand the consequence of her actions. She effs and blinds at someone - fair dos according to her. Then she is locked up alone - why do that to me? Cue a fit of rage. I really did feel someone that there was a lack of comprehension why you would be disciplined for something.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2009, 08:05:17 pm »

The other thought I had was that sadly most of these women were not brought up properly.
The woman who "kicked off" and smashed her television following being locked in her cell for swearing at a prison officer - it seemed to me that she didn't understand the consequence of her actions. She effs and blinds at someone - fair dos according to her. Then she is locked up alone - why do that to me? Cue a fit of rage. I really did feel someone that there was a lack of comprehension why you would be disciplined for something.

I haven't seen the film, but I read a bit of Charles Bronson's book, and that is exactly what I thought about him. Everything was so unfair. He attacks an inmate and is put in solitary for a) too long, according to the guidelines, b) the guy was a nonce anyway, and c) Bronson is always being unfairly picked on because of his rep. Saw himself as a victim throughout.

I had a friend who was very violent. After an assault on someone, he'd spend a while justifying himself, and then end up portraying himself as the wronged party and whined about how unfair it all was. Reminded me of a spoilt child. He's now in prison for GBH.     

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5 on: 26 March, 2009, 10:50:48 am »
I felt sorry for the girl who worked in the kitchen who got sent to Peterboro.

I'd feel sorry for anyone who got sent to Peterborough ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime