Random Musings > Kidstuff

Gyrowheel - replacement for stabilisers

(1/2) > >>

DrMekon:
Interbike 2009: Gyrowheel by Gyrobike | Bike Commuters

I could see people skipping the balance bike stage if this is cheap enough.

numbnuts:
wow clipless moments sorted  :thumbsup:

nicknack:
Brilliant.

And the pub bike sorted.

tom_e:
Hmm, maybe I could learn to unicycle...   8)

--- Quote from: DrMekon on 29 September, 2009, 01:11:23 pm ---I could see people skipping the balance bike stage if this is cheap enough.

--- End quote ---

Not sure I'd go that far.  mini_e has great fun on her balance bike, has loved it even since she could only really walk while standing over it at 2.  She scoots around fine now at 2 1/2, but by all accounts I've heard it isn't worth trying pedals and balancing until 3-4 because it's hard to coordinate.  Until that time she's having lots of fun on her little bike.  It might replace the balance bike if you got one purely to train them up for the next stage, but don't see how it'd have done so here.

Once I found their home page, they're advocates of 'remove the pedals, drop the saddle and scoot' for learning too.  The gyrowheel is just to make it easier.

Kathy:

--- Quote from: tom_e on 29 September, 2009, 03:58:05 pm --- Until that time she's having lots of fun on her little bike. 

--- End quote ---

Especially when she has a KaffyKaffyKaffy to push her all the way back up Box Hill again. ::-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version