Author Topic: "Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers"  (Read 3031 times)

"Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers"
« on: 02 May, 2013, 11:51:57 am »
I'm going to post this here even though it's about helmets... hopefully someone can move it to the subforum for me if necessary.

Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers (Edinburgh Evening News)

My companion piece (with original footage): Video protection on the roads

As always... don't read the EEN comments - you have been warned  ;D

Re: "Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers"
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2013, 03:27:00 pm »
I'm going to post this here even though it's about helmets... hopefully someone can move it to the subforum for me if necessary.

Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers (Edinburgh Evening News)

My companion piece (with original footage): Video protection on the roads

As always... don't read the EEN comments - you have been warned  ;D

WRT comments beneath cycling stories, I do believe the editors know that cycling stories will attract loads of hits if there are comment sections below as those with juvenile mindsets pile in to try and outdo one another's venom.

They really are best ignored rather than responded to, IMO.  Don't poke the animals through the bars!
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »
I hate cyclists, apart from female cyclists, especially when they're wearing those Lycra shorts
Can we get him booked for being a pervert  :demon:

« Reply #3 on: 02 May, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »
"I find seagulls less annoying than cyclists"   ;D

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 02 May, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »
It's an invitation to shite in his fish supper for redemption!  :demon:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Trull

• The settee will kill you
    • Aberdeen Astronomical Society
« Reply #5 on: 02 May, 2013, 06:49:27 pm »
Its interesting that if you replaced cyclist with "racial minority of choice" you would easily prosecute some of the posters.

Shameful comments from an on the whole reasonably balanced piece from the paper.

Nice photo!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #6 on: 02 May, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »
It'd be an even better piece if the journalist had used the conversation I had with her yesterday.  :D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #7 on: 02 May, 2013, 08:28:31 pm »
Genuinely had no idea which way it would go. I'm pretty pleased with the editorial line all things considered.

Also I now have an awesome new profile picture...

:thumbsup:

« Reply #8 on: 04 May, 2013, 07:27:41 am »
Quick update: I've had a promising contact from Police Scotland... will need to wait to update you all in due course, but "this isn't over"  :thumbsup:

I've also linked up a review of my headcam via the reviews forum, after a few people asked me what I recommend.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #9 on: 09 May, 2013, 12:58:47 pm »
On Tuesday, as we were riding along the old railway path to Bath, Mrs Cudzo asked me why some cyclists looked like "deep sea divers" with strange things attached to their helmets. I explained these were sometimes lights, sometimes cameras, and occasionally mirrors - lights made sense to her, but cameras she found a very odd idea! So now you know why people look at you weirdly - they're wondering where your flippers are!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #10 on: 15 May, 2013, 07:35:53 am »
On Tuesday, as we were riding along the old railway path to Bath, Mrs Cudzo asked me why some cyclists looked like "deep sea divers" with strange things attached to their helmets. I explained these were sometimes lights, sometimes cameras, and occasionally mirrors - lights made sense to her, but cameras she found a very odd idea! So now you know why people look at you weirdly - they're wondering where your flippers are!

Divers don't have flippers - they have fins. You owe everyone on the forum a beer.*

*The traditional fine for using the wrong word is to have to buy everyone on the diveboat a beer.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #11 on: 16 May, 2013, 01:19:38 pm »

Divers don't have flippers - they have fins. You owe everyone on the forum a beer.*

*The traditional fine for using the wrong word is to have to buy everyone on the diveboat a beer.

Been there, done that, bought the beer - ONCE!
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #12 on: 16 May, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »

Been there, done that, bought the beer - ONCE!

;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor